Sign in to follow this  
edward5678

Education ?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I still seemed to be having trouble with my education level in my high tech city . I only had university then added a high school. But it doesnt seem to be kickin in . Should i add a grade school ?

No, you only need one education building per city. It really silly how that works. They will only go to one education building rather it be grammar, high school or college. So if you starting city and have a grad, destroy it when next education building is available. Education is very shallow in the game and has no depth.

I keep reading about this but whenever I try it my Education level drops and I have to stop due to nuclear safety issues.

I've tried piling everyone into a High School, Community College, or University and it always leads to my education score dropping. Either some kids are not picked up to go to school or they simply refuse to enroll, or if I do manage to get them all swept up, my education score drops anyway.

Well I have elementary and high school and a university. After I read these suggestions I tried turning off the two lower education buildings and than I was able to level my university as more students went there.

I have a 250,000 general purpose city and have over 6000 students.  I have a University and four fully equipped elementary schools and can't get past 4 green stars and not quite 3 tech stars.  You might keep your tech level up but I don't think you can use all the options on a university, all the schools and three dorms, and not collapse a city from the traffic trying to get in to one spot.  My Uni has the school of Medicine and one dorm.  I use every form of mass transit with stops in front of the Uni.