Sign in to follow this  
jmlport98

Landfill city not working

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have my main city, and a landfill city right next to it. I have a deal with the landfill city to buy garbage from me, and when i go to landfill I can see the garbage trucks drive in but they just leave. I have the road running through the entire thing. What gives?

H4a6Hic.jpg

Question, when did you sign the deal and connected the road in each cities? How long have you been waiting since the last time you zone that landfill? Because the "no road connection sign" indicated something to me.

• Original Poster
  • Question, when did you sign the deal and connected the road in each cities? How long have you been waiting since the last time you zone that landfill? Because the "no road connection sign" indicated something to me.

I signed it before I connected the roads. Well, actually I had different roads that were built before so i though I had to make new ones. I waited for a while and the garbage trucks come in and then leave. I'm confused...

I think you need to put in a powerplant and waterplant and some houses, and let the game run a couple of "sim" months/days

after a while it will dissappear...

Because i think the landfill needs workers too... 

Try it out and see if that works.

Well, lad, clearly you must wait for a couple of months (in game). It will take time before the landfill function properly. The garbage trucks on the other hand is just mainly eye candy. Don't get confuse by them. To check if the landfill is functioning, simply click it. And remember,...wait.

Instead of putting a road through the landfill, "box" in the landful by putting a street all the way around it and then connect your road to the street.

Nothing in this game works without power.  Drop a wind turbine in there and all should be well.  I am surprised you don't have a no power zot.  And put a ring road around that land fill.  It is too big to be used from just that one road.  Check your neighbour deals.  While you were reorganizing things the deals may have cancelled.

I have never had to power a landfill.  I would draw a street around both of those landfills connecting on both sides of each one at the road.  Then I would check both cities neighbor deals to make sure they are adequately funded on both sides and then let the simulation play out in both tiles, int he city tile I would check to make sure the trash is going away and in the other I would check to make sure the landfills are filling up.  Just make sure to let the simulation run for a bit on both sides and multiple times too.

Power is not needed for a landfill to operate. Is your connection made with a SC "road" or with RHW? If it is RHW then you need to have a road or street coming off the RHW.

A reason why this does not work can be that the game may "think" that the landfill is "not connected to the city". Now what this means is actually unknown, it's just what calculations the game makes. It was much worse in SC3000, esp if you had developed more than one areas in your city.

If your city has zero residents or jobs, there is simply no "city" to connect to. What you can try do is to develop a small RCI zone in this "garbage city". Lay a small industrial zone, eg 2x3 (you will get a small factory, like Farley's Fountry, or a low-desity 1x3 commercial lot (you will get Bob's Grease Pit, or that Used Cars shop), then let the city run for a month or so, and check again if the landfill really works. But these do need power (while you do not need power for the landfill), so this requires a power plant or an import deal. This "dirty" city can generate power as well, but it can also not. For such a litle quantity of power it might not be right to put a normal power plant, or import 1000MWh/mo and use only a small fraction of it, so take a look at my Photovoltaic Power Plants or my Neighbor Deal Mods on the STEX.

That's the first time I've ever heard of anything in the game that did not need power.  Anyway, what you could also do is drop a WTE plant into it next to the landfill and set its slider to zero.  It will still eat the landfill.  You might still have to drop in a couple of 2 x 1 residential lots to staff the plant.

Don't tell me you actually use power to your landfill for all this time, good mr.moose.

Anyway, congratulation! Ten years anniversary of the game and you finaly find out that there is actually "something" in the game that does not required power to work.  :]

I had this same problem with my landfill being a good distance between two city tiles, I solve it by zoning a small industrial pocket of any type near it, this clears up my no road access for some reason and allows the neighbour deals no problem.

Might have something to do with the fact that I hardly use landfills at all, or if I do I put a W2E plant next to it.  I far prefer to send my garbage to sea and pollute the ocean.

Might have something to do with the fact that I hardly use landfills at all, or if I do I put a W2E plant next to it. I far prefer to send my garbage to sea and pollute the ocean.

How do you send your garbage to the ocean?