Sign in to follow this  
acr11thcav

New is not always better

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Here is the question I ask. Why wouldn't a game developer, as EA and Maxis not utilize the knowledge and development possibilities of such individuals from this web sight and others like it to take a successful game like Sim City 4 and make it better with all of the programs out there for it? Why not incorporate all of this ability into the game so it does not have to be downloaded and proofed and supported, those tasks to get some of the programs to work in Sim City 4, into the new game so that the game will run smoother? This would be taking a old game that works alright and upgrade it to something not new but better. Set the game so an individual can play as they have off line or multiplayer can play without needing to worry about someone else ruining their game. It baffels my mind that I paid 60 dollars for a game I already hate. I feel that all Sim City gamers should storm EA and burn it to the ground for what they have done. SIm Societies was an insult, this is just insult upon injury. They should pay us 50% of our money back just for the aggrivation of dealing with this. It pisses me off more that now that I have opened and installed the game I cannot get my money back.

The one game I have dreamed of and looked forward too after the Sim Societies let down was this day and now I have been let down again. As hard as it is to get stuff to work in Sim City 4 and the conversations several years ago about how the next game would incorporate Sim City 4 players added items to it to make it better I feel where just fluf and lies. I just like to build cities and I do not care to play the game to some end. I like the joy of just slapping buildings down and designing it, but that was too easy I guess. When a game causes me more aggrivation than enjoyment I feel that I was let down by the people I paid to provide that enjoyment, especially when it cost that much to buy the damn thing. Well good going EA, youve managed to destroy Madden Football from single play, to destroying another game I enjoy. I hope the fact that I will never buy another EA game will cause you some financial unrest and that maybe, just maybe enough people will be disgusted with your constnat failure and scheming to get our money that your company will just fold and go away so that others that want to do right can step up and build the games we pay for and expect. Thank you to Simtropolis for at least keeping the Sim City 4 alive and well and for being objectional in presenting all sides to this disaster. Thank you.