Sign in to follow this  
monomass

Crash caused by PEG MTP God Mode Tree Mod

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

One of the 2 files (or both) that comes with the mod () has been crashing my game. Wondering if anyone knew why and more importantly, how to fix it because I like the mod and it was listed as a dependency for some other mods I had.

The crash-to-desktop would occur at random intervals of gameplay, but would always occur when I'd enter the "setsealevel" cheat (This might be a helpful tip for a quick way to discover which plugins cause crashes!). I have SC4Deluxe. Thanks

You can only have one terrain mod at a time.  If you load this mod, any earlier ones have to be removed before you start the game.  I have this mod and no crashes.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks. I also have "Cycledog Tree Mod" ith the file "CPT_No7_TreeController_DefaultMaxis_RequiresNo8andNo9.dat" and the 2 files that it requires. Does this conflict with the PEG tree mod? I've downloaded mods that require both tree mods.

Yes, you have a conflict.   You can only have one God Mode tree mod in your plugin folder at a time.  Also, once you use a God Mode tree controller on a city tile, you cannot change to a new tree controller without bulldozing every single tree before switching.  Usually that becomes a major hassle  so it is recommended that you pick one tree controller and stick with it until you start a new region.  I hope that helps.  Feel free to post if you have any further questions or problems.

• Original Poster
  • thanks so much!

well, I removed all other tree mods, and I'm still having the same problem. guess it's no tree mod for me  :(

Sorry to keep replying to myself, but it seems to work if I start a new city or region. I might have to do some bulldozing. Thanks again.

Moderator Comment:

Consolidated triple post

You have to bulldoze all instances of something (trees in this case) before you remove the mod from your plugins folder.

Also there is an "Edit" button that allows you to add on to an already posted post.  Double posting isn't allowed.

Indiana Joe is correct - it is necessary to remove all trees before removing or switching tree controllers.  Usually it ends up being easier just to start a new region.  Also, if you need to add to your last post, it is possible to use the 'Edit' button at the bottom left of the post window (double posting is frowned upon).  If you need any further assistance, please, ask away :)