Sign in to follow this  
oldbrokenlink

SimCity imposes limit on the number of regions/cities you can have!

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

SimCity imposes limit on the number of regions/cities you can have!

at present you can only be playing in 10 regions per server and i'm trying to find out the exact number of cities you can have, but at most its maximum number of cities in the biggest region (16 cities) multiplied by 10 which would make it 160 cities per server! pretty large number, but for the fact that unless you make it a private region and invite no others to it its very hard to control all the cities in a region, well unless you are able to very quickly take over all the cities and thus limit the number of other players in the region you created or joined.

while on the surface this does not appear all that bad, but for fact that you can't locally save and restore your cities!

ttp://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1ah24g/didnt_know_this_was_possible/

http://i.imgur.com/7rBjpJC.jpg

• Original Poster
  • yes, but they are removing abandoned cities and eventually they will allow others to reclaim them, i guess so long as the region is active. so you will have to ensure you play your old cities, cause soon they will be gone and most likely your old and unplayed regions as well.

i guess the point is you can't locally backup and then later restore or at least specify which are your favorite and wont be abandoned.

they sort of have their own hardwired logic.

so while the number are are very big, you may never get there because your cities at some point will be considered abandoned and eventually deleted and you will lose access to them.

Would make sense to have a setting that a region creator can set for how long until, or if auto-abandon should be enabled. I really doubt they will auto abandon single player games. Most people will go months without playing at some point, and later want to play again.

Time will tell though, not having local save is insane to begin with

Honestly with everything that we have to deal with already, "only" being limited to 10 regions on a server isnt very high on my list. Ive been playing nonstop for 5 days now and havent ever had more than 3 active regions.

Once they increase city size, fix traffic, etc. And i begin to make regions that are worth saving, I might find issue with this limit. 

But by that time we'll have holodecks so it wont matter