Sign in to follow this  
Smartguy1669

Sim City - Tips and Tricks [HD] [1080p]

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey everyone! I decided to make this thread my HD video thread, instead of making a new one. This thread was about my Zero Population Video, which you can find here too.

I make videos showing how to make money, among other tips and tricks!

You can find my videos entire playlist here:

Part 2 of my Let's Play Sim City Series:

The beginning of my Lets Play Series for Sim City 5!

My second recent video is of an electronic City:

Zero Population City:

How to make money (this was my very first tutorial)

How to make more money:

Beginners Guide to making money:

Making money with the Arcology and Electronics:

Watch them in HD 1080p!

gaaah, feels so silly.

I mean, you have 200mil simloans.

No matter if you have people in your city or not. How to actually use that kind of money.

Does not feel very balanced.

And ofc, crazy that you can run the city by removing all people from it. Just have commuters i take it, that come and work and leave.

Yaaaaaaay videos!

Question from a newbie!. Is your terrain all solid black from a filter or because of long term polluting industries? Ive been suspecting that various land uses have effect on the green-ness of the terrain.

*Edit. Didnt realise the other form of newbie was a bleepable word. oops!

Edited by Archangel9  

Yea they really need to balance the game a bit more. Its way too easy to make money once you know how to, and it gets boring for sure.

It's easy when your processor deliveries don't bug out ><

• Original Poster
  • Yaaaaaaay videos!

Question from a $%&^!. Is your terrain all solid black from a filter or because of long term polluting industries? Ive been suspecting that various land uses have effect on the green-ness of the terrain.

Its black because of oil, ore, and coal mining all around the map. I believe the smelting factories and oil refineries are to blame as well.

Yaaaaaaay videos!

Question from a $%&^!. Is your terrain all solid black from a filter or because of long term polluting industries? Ive been suspecting that various land uses have effect on the green-ness of the terrain.

I think it does, I've noticed that when i place a bunch of sewage outflow pipes next to each other the ground turns a nasty brown.

• Original Poster
  • I've added more videos to this thread, and renamed it, so its now my "all purpose" video thread!

My most recent video is of an Electronic City:

You can find my videos entire playlist here:

I've also updated my first post to include everything. Comments and feedback welcome!

• Original Poster
  • I've started a "Lets Play Sim City" series of videos, and wanted to share it with you guys!

Part 1:

You can also watch my entire Sim City playlist here:

Thanks for watching, and I'll be uploading more soon!

Subscribe: youtube.com/FlyingNimbus1685

• Original Poster
  • Hey everyone, I just finished Part 2 of my Let's Play Sim City series, where I build an electronic city from scratch and work my way up to making millions!

You can also find Part 1 here:

And you can also watch my entire Sim City playlist here:

Part 3 will be up in a few days.

• Original Poster
  • Here is Part 3 of my Let's Play Sim City series, where I make an electronic city.

In this video, I start with less than 500k, and then I make my first million, but run into a lot of problems. By the end, the problems are all fixed, and I have made over 4 million simoleons, and have set the groundwork for even more.

• Original Poster
  • Here's Part 4 of my Let's Play Sim City series:

I finally reach a good 5 million in the treasury, and manage to make well over 15 million by the end, with a monthly income of over 3 million.

• Original Poster
  • Hey everyone, here is part 5 of my Let's Play Sim City series:

In this part, I run into some issues, but manage to eventually reach my goal of 5-6 million in monthly profit. I also manage to save up over 42 million in the treasury, and have set up my city to continue making profit as long as I want.

• Original Poster
  • Here's Part 6 of my Let's Play Sim City series, where I make an electronic city!

With my city completed, and 43 million in the treasury, I decide to delete half of my city, and finally fix all the traffic issues I had.

P.S: Thumbnail may not appear for another hour or two, since its a recent upload.

• Original Poster
  • Part 7 of my Let's Play series! After finishing my city, I recap with what happened a while later, and to see if I was able to go over the 5-6 million I wanted to make.

I'll be making another Let's Play Sim City, where I make another Electronic City very soon!

• Original Poster
  • Hey everyone, just started a new Electronic City! Here's Part 1 of this Let's Play Sim City:

I actually started one earlier, but the great works I was going to use with it is bugged thanks to the most recent patch. I decided to make a new city, and I'll be attempting to make a great works from scratch if it doesn't bug out on me along the way.

• Original Poster
  • Here's Part 2 of this latest Electronic City I'm making.

I run into the dreaded "workers needed" problem, and my mines shut down, making my city suffer and even go bankrupt! Luckily I manage to pull through and fix most of it by the end.

• Original Poster
  • Part 3 of my new Electronic City!

After finally fixing my ore mines, I re-arrange the traffic in my city, only to have the game force me to get bonds because I run out of funds. I manage to pay everything off, and increase my profits to 300k+ per month.

• Original Poster
  • Here's Part 4 of my new Let's Play series:

Fixed some more issues with my city, and ran into more trouble with spending. Still, fixed everything, and got income up over 900k per month, as well as got my first few smelting factories and refineries up and running.

• Original Poster
  • Part 5 - Beginning the Arcology

I finally manage to make my first million in monthly profits, as well as unlock and start building the Arcology!

• Original Poster
  • Part 6 - Completing the Arcology

I continue working on the Arcology, and begin importing the last few materials I need to complete it, while trying to make as much money as I can. Eventually, I get all the materials needed, and increase my profit to 3-4 million per month!

• Original Poster
  • Part 8 - Return of the Zero Population City

I continue to rebuild the city, and finally get rid of all the residential areas, leaving the population at zero. My income also manages to reach over 6~6.5 million per month.

Edit: Video is still processing, but its up to 1080p at the moment, just lacking thumbnails.

my money strategy is to always get 1x processor factory and 2x electronic factories. That will get you 1.5 mil simoleans per day super easily.

Part 8 - Return of the Zero Population City

I continue to rebuild the city, and finally get rid of all the residential areas, leaving the population at zero. My income also manages to reach over 6~6.5 million per month.

Edit: Video is still processing, but its up to 1080p at the moment, just lacking thumbnails.

OMG this is the craziest strategy ever. I never thought of it would work, making arcology and then bulldoze all residentials. I will try it tonight hahah.

I notice that you are only selling computers, this will not maximize your profit.

From my experience, 1 electronic factory with 4 computer modules can only produce as much as an electronic factory with 2 computer modules. So just sell computer and tv concurrently, this will maximize your profit.

I notice that you are only selling computers, this will not maximize your profit.

From my experience, 1 electronic factory with 4 computer modules can only produce as much as an electronic factory with 2 computer modules. So just sell computer and tv concurrently, this will maximize your profit.

I never noticed that. Is that true with all spec. factories?