Sign in to follow this  
syszone

What did i watch - Simcity Offline mod with Region Editing?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Please can someone confirm that simcity was actually hacked :

EDIT:

Finally i found the source for the guy who moded/hacked it on REDDIT:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1abddh/bagoftrix_version_3_added_unlimited_offline_timer/

Final Update:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a9n5j/you_can_edit_highways_outside_of_city_boundaries/c8vbw6k

And yes I also modded out the disconnect timer (can now play "offline" indefinitely - but no saves/syncs or region related stuff, not yet anyway... but the simulation can carry on with no connection indefinitely). And I modded out the "fluffed population count", just shows the real population count now. Both very minor/easy tweaks.

UPDATE 15th March: For a full report from me, 24 hours after I first posted this, please check my post on the EA forums here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9367723.page

On the off-chance EA deletes my thread, a raw-paste of the forum post (including BB tags) is on Pastie.org, here:

http://pastie.org/6505519

Nothing dramatic or exciting, just some info, to clarify some erroneous things being thrown around!

Edited by Cyclone Boom  

Removed mask swearing, as per the rules. Please observe this in future. Thanks

syszone, that is a video of a person who was able to change the game to do several things, including running offline and region editing. What you don't see is him finding a timer in the game files which he was able to get to stop working. Once this was disabled, it left him to where he would not need to be connected to the internet in order to play  by himself, as you and me already know the game requires you to be online 24/7. Also, what you see is a supposed developer console part of the game, which is how he was able to edit outside set boundaries.

Either way, this is what you see and hope this answers your question!. Also, welcome to the forum :)

• Original Poster
  • syszone, that is a video of a person who was able to change the game to do several things, including running offline and region editing. What you don't see is him finding a timer in the game files which he was able to get to stop working. Once this was disabled, it left him to where he would not need to be connected to the internet in order to play  by himself, as you and me already know the game requires you to be online 24/7. Also, what you see is a supposed developer console part of the game, which is how he was able to edit outside set boundaries.

Either way, this is what you see and hope this answers your question!. Also, welcome to the forum :)

yeah but then why MAXIS says it is not possible and required re-engineering/re-developed the game in order to make it single player mod when it can be turned off by simple timer as you mentioned and shown in the video, and same time it clearly shows that MAXIS can simply allow to built freeway outside of the tiny city boundary walls to connect as we want...    

syszone, The reason maxis says it is not possible and required re-engineering/re-developed the game is because they lied. It's really just as simple as that. If you look at what Lucy Bradsaw(head of EA/Maxis) said in her  most recent update letter(you can find on EA website), she said that the game could have  gotten a offline mode, but they rejected that idea. Real bad idea, but they know everything. They are after all EA, smartest company in the world. Also, to further back that node, a couple days before Bradsaw said this, a supposed EA employee said that the online aspect  really was  not that huge of a stumbling block to making a offline mode. Thus, making  a single player  experience would really not be as impossible as they said.

• Original Poster
  • syszone, The reason maxis says it is not possible and required re-engineering/re-developed the game is because they lied. It's really just as simple as that. If you look at what Lucy Bradsaw(head of EA/Maxis) said in her  most recent update letter(you can find on EA website), she said that the game could have  gotten a offline mode, but they rejected that idea. Real bad idea, but they know everything. They are after all EA, smartest company in the world. Also, to further back that node, a couple days before Bradsaw said this, a supposed EA employee said that the online aspect  really was  not that huge of a stumbling block to making a offline mode. Thus, making  a single player  experience would really not be as impossible as they said.

Agreed!!! :)