Sign in to follow this  
namuras

NAM / RHW Tutorials?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Good Day!

After starting playing SC4 again a couple of weeks back... Found out about NAM and RHW and tried it. 

I am very happy with the curves and manage them just fine. 

So i started a new region and wanted to start a highway network... how hard can it be? Just a couple of T-Intersections or Crossings? 

Sofar i have been trying to create a T-Intersection / Crossing for the last 5 days... everytime giving up frustrated after about 1 hrs of trying and leaving me with an urge to smash my montor into the next wall.

I just seem to either mess up left and right and somehow seem to be unable to actually put RHW to use even in most basic settings. Been searching for tutorials on how to do it here and on youtube... Found some, but they didn't help me at all, since all they do seem to show how "easy" it is to create basic intersections in under 10mins combined with extremly fast tabbing throu tiles and very low quality... 

So my question would be: are there any tutorials out there in atleast 720p which would help the complete RHW newbies understand how to build highways?

So my question would be: are there any tutorials out there in atleast 720p which would help the complete RHW newbies understand how to build highways?

Video tutorials? Yes. Outdated? Unfortunately...

Probably this was the one you may have seen, and if so, it's been no help to you already.

Heck, even this one's outdated:

Other tutorials? Yeah, but they too need updating.

-----

On second thought, I recommend you hold off from trying the RHW for now, because there's an update for it sometime in the future.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk  

have you read the RHW pdf file in the documentation folder(plugins folder)? i too am a complete newbie in RHW, that tutorial seems to give a little bit of understanding at least of the basics.

have you read the RHW pdf file in the documentation folder(plugins folder)? i too am a complete newbie in RHW, that tutorial seems to give a little bit of understanding at least of the basics.

Just a note: The RHW PDF found in the NAM folder wasn't supposed to be included because it contains references to items that don't exist, and contains things that have been updated at the last minute.

Just a note: The RHW PDF found in the NAM folder wasn't supposed to be included because it contains references to items that don't exist, and contains things that have been updated at the last minute.

is there any chance that a document like it be made that contains more thorough explanation of the RHW. im new to rhw as well as the nwm and these networks are completely overwhelming me.

(although this is  off topic, can u link me to something that would give me info on at least the capacities of the NWM networks because theres none in the nam folder.)

(although this is  off topic, can u link me to something that would give me info on at least the capacities of the NWM networks because theres none in the nam folder.)

The only reference there is on that is currently offline, so unless you have a backup of NAM 30 (which does have a reference), I can't give you any information. The only other persons who would have a reference would probably be Z1 or Tarkus.

There's also no other thorough documentation on the RHW anywhere else. Documenting the RHW takes a lot of time, and it also takes a lot of time to understand what's what, understand how things work, and explaining that to others. Because of that, there has never been any sufficient documentation (or a Manual, for that matter) for the RHW, and the closest thing to it (the RHW tutorials, and the RHW FAQ) are also offline.

Does anyone know where I can download the RHW Mod? I've been looking for it everywhere but all i can find is "outdated" versions. Also, does it come with the NAM? If it does, then that's a lifesaver :)

The latest NAM (31.2) comes with all of the related transit mods (RHW, SAM, NWM...)

In the future you should post on the NAM support thread, or start a new topic.  This one is half a year old.   ;)