Sign in to follow this  
Mike SC4

Questions about utilities (and utilities trading) and resource trading

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

So the questions are 4 and go like this:

-Does it ever rain in the map to "refill" the water table? I have never experienced this phenomenon even in a very rich water source city.

-How does it happen that building water pumping center next to a river and/or lake still dries out the water map and does not provide infinite ammounts of it as stated by the water drilling advisor?

-Is there a cap in the ammount of water/power/sewage to be sold to neighborhood cities? I ask this question and seek a verification to my worst expectations (that there is an actual cap) because I notice that even thought I build pumping stations in one city (thus having a total capacity of 1100 kgal/hr) the ammount of water to be arriving in my other two cities does not exceed the 244-245 kgal/hr point.

-And the last one goes for resources. I notice that one of the random tips popping out while loading a city states something like this: "Send trucks with resources directly to other cities to help them with industry!". So is there any other way to provide uninterrupted ammounts of resource s (e.g. providing continiously aloy and/or metal from an ore mining city to another speciallsing on electronics) except for the gifting method? I know that trade ports and depots allow you to trade with global market. But can we use them to trade between cities?

Thank in you in advance for any help!

Rain is broken.

Yes water sources are near infinite.

The cap is how much they have.  You will keep giving them sewage and they will keep receiving sewage until either you have 0 excess or they have 0 excess.  If they build something and it requires more sewage intake, their sewage system will prioritize those over yours, giving you less to buy from.

Use trade locally.  It gives to everyone connected in the region, which I find annoying at times.

from what ive noticed in my city, is trading is BROKEN...  ive had 5500/6000 barrels of oil sitting in my trade depot for 3 REAL TIME days now, and its still not getting sold on the "global market"...  i have it set to sell, and it states that its selling @ 12,000 simoleans for 1,000 barrels...  yet i have seen not a one move from my warehouse!!

from what ive noticed in my city, is trading is BROKEN...  ive had 5500/6000 barrels of oil sitting in my trade depot for 3 REAL TIME days now, and its still not getting sold on the "global market"...  i have it set to sell, and it states that its selling @ 12,000 simoleans for 1,000 barrels...  yet i have seen not a one move from my warehouse!!

Check your traffic.  In order for the trade depot to sell to the global market it needs to exit your city and exit the region and come back.  In you have heavy traffic the trucks will most likely be stuck in traffic and therefor unable to sell your goods. This is why a trade port with either a seaport or a freight rail addon is a lot better than just a depot, as those are guaranteed to sell at set intervals.