Sign in to follow this  
MOWS 4 U

WOW... Really?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Who's brilliant idea was to shutdown the servers for maintenance  at 1:00 in the afternoon?  I love how it says to go to https://help.ea.com/en/simcity/simcity for more information when there is none...  Perhaps that would be a good place to explain things like what they're doing, how long until the servers are back, and why they chose 1:00 in the afternoon when people  are playing instead of say 3 in the morning when most people are sleeping.  

Edit:

They just put up a link to more information, but there is nothing saying when the servers will be back

Who's brilliant idea was to shutdown the servers for maintenance  at 1:00 in the afternoon?  I love how it says to go to https://help.ea.com/en/simcity/simcity for more information when there is none...  Perhaps that would be a good place to explain things like what they're doing, how long until the servers are back, and why they chose 1:00 in the afternoon when people  are playing instead of say 3 in the morning when most people are sleeping.  

Edit:

They just put up a link to more information, but there is nothing saying when the servers will be back

Just a guess but I'm guessing the servers are probably least busy during the day and most busy during the evenings or at night.

Besides, people all over the globe are playing this game so it was bound to inconvenience someone, somewhere.

One in the afternoon on a weekday is probably one of the least busy times out of the week.

Not on a Friday, a lot of people take Friday off or work 4 day work weeks.

Rule #1 of online gaming: no matter what time the servers go down for patching/maintenance, someone somewhere will take the timing as a personal affront.

:rofl: :rofl: Fact.

One in the afternoon on a weekday is probably one of the least busy times out of the week.

Not on a Friday, a lot of people take Friday off or work 4 day work weeks.

Well, it must be nice for them. Hey any business owners/operators around here every hear of a 4 day week?? Or how about an 8 hour day? LOL!! If you're lucky enough to be in a positon to work only 4 days a week, be lucky, not unhappy you can't play your game. Many of us work normal everyday hours and also understand if I kicked off on Friday to go home and play video games, the guy who isn't at home is going to get my jobs and make my money. But, in fairness, it's your choice. You can do whatever makes you happy... : )