Yellowlab

The Simtropolis Annuarians Club

869 posts in this topic Last Reply

Today is the 5th anniversary of me creating my account on Simtropolis. I remember back in 2009 when i created the account I was in 8th grade and now I am doing my undergraduate studies towards my bachelor's. Can't believe so much time has gone by both on this site and in my life.

That's quite a journey Hamish, congrats on the milestone! :golly:

Indeed, Simtropolis has come such a long way over the years. Through thick and thin, it's people like you who've helped the community grow and sustain for so long. You're truly a credit to the site. :)

Looking forward to what the future holds.

Here we are again with yet another yearly recap as I reflect back, Tomorrow I will mark my 8th year as a member of this community. Hard to believe how when I first joined weeks felt like months and months felt like years. Fast forward 8 years and now weeks start to feel like days and months feel like weeks, Part of being out of High-school I guess. Anyway since joining here, I have grown a business, Traveled the world, Joined a political organization and expanded my views on almost everything. I have made multiple friends here that I have gotten to meet in person which I hope become lifelong friends, Looking back on old posts and saved chatlogs and threads I have been able to see the transformation before my own eyes, Watching myself grow up from a young teenager not knowing much to someone who has learned a lot about the world.

And to that I celebrate 8 years which I hope is just the beginning pages of a long chapter.

gcu_8-year-anniversary-road-sign.jpg

I realize this is an exclusive club and I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting) until I could post here. If you haven't guessed, today marks my one year anniversary on Simtropolis.  In this short time y'all have liked something I said 2,563 times and that moved me into the 25th position on the overall leaderboard. *:blush:

It has been delightful and I look forward to many more years to come. *:D

You know what's weird?

Yesterday was my 5th year at ST. I'd even forgotten that this thread was a thing. Dang. Time flies.

1 hour ago, CorinaMarie said:

I realize this is an exclusive club and I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting) until I could post here. If you haven't guessed, today marks my one year anniversary on Simtropolis.  In this short time y'all have liked something I said 2,563 times and that moved me into the 25th position on the overall leaderboard. *:blush:

It has been delightful and I look forward to many more years to come. *:D

One year of many, hopefully. You've definitely made the place brighter, and earned all that rep.

1 hour ago, CorinaMarie said:

If you haven't guessed, today marks my one year anniversary on Simtropolis.

Congrats, and you're more than welcome! *:thumb:

Both as a member & moderator, thanks for already bringing so much to the community in such a short space of time.

(Random fact: Whether intentionally or not, you make this post at precisely 1 year to the minute since registering.)

5 minutes ago, APSMS said:

Yesterday was my 5th year at ST.

Quintuple congrats!  Or half of 10, whatever you'd prefer to call it... *:8)

18 hours ago, Cyclone Boom said:

Quintuple congrats!  Or half of 10, whatever you'd prefer to call it... *:8)

Apparently, a semi-decade number of congrats, since decade can refer to any collection of ten things!

That was surprising. Either that or a semi-decuple, if we want to avoid mixing our word roots (Latin & Greek). I'm not sure I have a preference either way.

1 hour ago, Thin White Duke said:

@CorinaMarie told me I get in here now because I've been a member for over five years. Is it true?

I'm sure it's true cause I snuck in with a mere single year and they didn't toss me out. For you it's quintuple or semi-decuple grats (as seen above for that amount of time).

I won't be around on the 23rd of this month (400 mile/650 km bike ride from home past Fairbanks, Alaska), and I'll forget if I don't do this now, so on 6/23/2017 I'll have been a ST member for 13 years.  Woo hoo!  Lucky 13!

Heh!  Just realized I've been here two weeks longer than this thread.

David

5 minutes ago, Cyclone Boom said:

To be involved within such a special community has been both a privilege and an honour.

And to have you guiding our course (along with Dirk, ofc) makes this a wonderful journey for us all. *:thumb:

7 minutes ago, Cyclone Boom said:

All two million, six hundred and twenty-nine thousand, four hundred and forty of them to be precise (not that I was counting). :whatevs:

Which means you post every 639 minutes on average. (About twice a day overall.)

8 minutes ago, Cyclone Boom said:

the next quinquennium

I didn't look it up, but I inferred its meaning. :}

1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

A while ago back in the summer of 2012, this happened...

Yep, this post marks exactly 5 years since the moment I set sail on my Simtropolis adventure.

I mean I guess 5 years is a long time but it feels like you've been here for longer than just the last few years!