Yellowlab

The Simtropolis Annuarians Club

869 posts in this topic Last Reply

Date: 7/9/2004 1:52:47 AM
Author: Duke87
and some of you are just perhaps 'quality over quantity' people....5.gif
quote>

You say that like it is a bad thing.

I know of no one who is impressed by spam. I don't know why you think it is a good thing.

and, I've been here more than a year.

I personally like this idea. Even though I am not yet an Annuarian, I still don't see why this should offend any newbies. It simply shows the people who have been here the longest. It's an honor, and I don't see why anyone would have anything against it. That's my first impression of it, anyway.

1.gif

• Original Poster
  • Just a thought...there is a big, wide internet out there, and on this site there's a lot of places to post your thoughts not pertaining to this topic...why don't we use it and not clutter up the thread with random tangents?

Also, there is no point to the Annuarians Club other than to simply recognize still-active members of this site who have been members for over one year.  Post count, site influence, etc. is utterly unimportant.  There is no reason why this thread is offensive; I refuse to address it further.

Thanks for taking unrelated topics elsewhere and complaints to PM.

Date:7/10/2004 12:17:50 AM
    Author:Yellowlab

Just a thought...there is a big, wide internet out there, and on this site there's a lot of places to post your thoughts not pertaining to this topic...why don't we use it and not clutter up the thread with random tangents?

quote>

I second Yellow's thoughts here.  This thread is for those members that are still active to sign in saying they are here and alive.  For those of you that haven't yet reached the one year mile-stone leave your comments off this thread.  We don't want to see anyone saying they'll be a yearling in X amounts of days, weeks or whatever. 

So please, only post if you currently meet the requirements set forth.  If you don't, that's tough for you.  When your anniversary date passes then you can post your thoughts. 

Thanks.

PS:  You can add my name, Yellow.2.gif

71st member here, joined on 1/11/2003.

Im not as active as I once was, but I still visit the site every day.

Just in few days i will be a ST annuarian...4.gif'); height=15 alt=Insert smilie 4.gif src=http://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/images/smilies/4.gif width=15 border=0> and i'm active every day noo. not every day every hour to be more precisely.9.gif'); height=15 alt=Insert smilie 9.gif src=http://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif width=15 border=0>

Who's the one whos gotten (almost)4000 posts in 6 months? Me! I still have to wait more than 6 months, I'm not even half way to being an annuarian yet!

-i'll probably have about 7000 or so, if nothing happens. i haven't been here too much lately, I've spent more time here todday then I have in the last week!

-vid

It seems that some people haven't understood this:

I second Yellow's thoughts here. This thread is for those members that are still active to sign in saying they are here and alive. For those of you that haven't yet reached the one year mile-stone leave your comments off this thread. We don't want to see anyone saying they'll be a yearling in X amounts of days, weeks or whatever.

So please, only post if you currently meet the requirements set forth. If you don't, that's tough for you. When your anniversary date passes then you can post your thoughts.

A shorter version:
    PLEASE post AFTER your anniversary date PASSES.

----

Anyway, I joined 2 days after my birthday. I wanted to join before, but I respected that rule of minimum age to register.
    And still active... producing BATs for the community...

BTW, Vieira...
    I think the first Brazilian was Estroncios, he disappeared, though...

Date:7/9/2004 11:10:08 PM
    Author:Jim
    Ya, thread closed holds a lot of meaning (No Seriously it does2.gif

quote>

Hold much meaning? No. Important? Yes. Personally, I find it annoying when a thread is closed without the person responsible making a post explaining. When they don't, it leaves the rest of us to guess as to why (which sometimes is easy and other times can be confusing). So they are quality posts.

EDIT: Stupid me. I posted this before reading the second page. feel free to delete it.

hmm.. I joined on December 26th (my birthday) so my 19th birthday will also be my first birthday on simtropolis1.gif

Yellowlab,I'm not here registered for more than a year but I happened to look who is and I saw you made a big mistake writing down the list, you wrote down that everyone has registered in 2004 when it should be 2003, thats all 9.gif

I feel this is the single most important thing other being a huge contributor to Simtrop. Old members need some respect since we have been here so long and observed everything that has gone on in Simtrop. So yeah I have been a member since Dec. 02 I think I was right after flywildjaguar. Almost 20 months now and 700 posts, I need to stop posting so much21.gif

• Original Poster
  • The date I give is the date of Annuarianship...being the day that you've been a Simtrop member for 1 year.