simwario

The Leaving / Returning Thread

1,529 posts in this topic Last Reply

Date: 7/29/2004 5:25:56 PM
Author: villarule
it is looking more and more likely that i will be flying to Nice (south of france) on sunday and i will come back on saturday the next week3.gif

this isnt comfurmed but as i say it is very likely......

oh i love the holidays10.gif
quote>
sorry to dissappoint all of you, IM STAYING26.gif32.gif
my passport was out of date.....

I'm off too for 5 days I'll be back around the end of this week so cya all, I will miss you 8.gif (I hate sad ending...sniff...)

I'm going on a mini interrail trip to Denmark, Germany, Austria and Switzerland tomorrow afternoon, and will be gone for maybe two weeks.
It will be fun1.gif1.gif

Im going to guess what in 2 weeks... School, ive had 8 weeks off already and ave been to, humm, the garden-50m, the beach-5km, friends houses-500m->15km, local shopping mall-25km, the larger shopping mall a bit away-30km, my grandpa-150km... and guess what... thats it9.gif

Hope you all have enjoyed your summers, i cant really say i have, to much rain 8.gif, but i guess its just 10 months till next summer holiday [:0]

Cheers

I'm back. I just decided to stop posting here, and focus on another site. I have over 2100 posts there.

This place has slown since I remember. At least my account remains.

I wish this place supported full HTML on images. Even phpBB does. Could soemone fix that?

I know im not very well known on this board but ill tell u when ill be gone anyway. August 14th thru 21st ill be in the Wisconsin Dells which im told is a great place to be.

I suppose I should officially say I am back from my short 3 day vacation to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.  I live in Wyoming, so we didn't have very far to go.  Here are some pictures from my trip:

Part of the Teton Mountain Range:
Teton02.gif

My family next to an elk rack arch in Jackson.  The sun was in our eyes, so we were sort of squinting.
Trip01.gif

Here is me, my mom, and my sister standing next to a stuffed bear in Jackson.  The bear was actually for sale.  $35,000!
Trip02.gif

This image shows how dry Teton Lake was.  It must have been down about 10 feet.  The person in this picture is my younger sisters boyfriend (not the sister in the purple shirt in the above pic).
Trip03.gif

Me and my 2 sisters in Yellowstone.
Trip04.gif

Here is the crowd waiting to see Old Faithfull in Yellowstone.
Trip05.gif

Here is Old Faithful blowing:
Trip06.gif

Here is a hot spring that is pretty close to Old Faithful.
Trip07.gif

And here is a waterfall in Yellowstone:
Trip08.jpg

Well, I just came back from a two weeks vacation, so i have missed some time here. But it's not like I have been here that often anyhow. So sad. It's good to see you guys though. 39.gif

Wow!!! Now I really do believe that there actually is such a thing as a SimTropolis addiction!! 20.gif

I'm on the verge of doing now the same thing I've been doing with my congregation, my boss and my staff at work, and the U.S. Post Office (& a couple of buddies @ SimCity.com too) 2.gif :

My wife and I are going home with the kiddoes to see our folks in Indiana this weekend for a few days.
We let them know too! (after all forewarned is forearmed!!) 11.gif -Just kidding!!!

Actually our parents looove their grandchildren 36.gif36.gif36.gif, and my leave time at my job coincided with personal events back in Indy. If there's anything serious I'll let somebody in the community know.

I've spent quite a few hours in the community the past couple of months & even though I'll be gone a relatively short period I'm actually gonna miss a few folks here in cyberspace.5.gif

I'm going to miss coming here every evening with the kiddoes tucked in bed to relax and read the city journals, learning BATing and Modding techniques (I had no idea what they were 3 months ago; heck people at my job don't even know that a BAT is used in baseball!! -they are familiar with the flying mammals, we sometimes call them attorneys !!) 9.gif,

and most of all I'll miss reading and swapping wisecracks on the BBS (as much as Aronion & co. will permit)!

Oh wow with whom do I start:
-Hummer, Boris, Ash, Dev & company, feel free to pm or email me about Sim Mars going-ons and duties to come.
-JMussen, I've got a cool idea for a Sim Mars avatar that I'll pm you about.
-Simman, I'm not sure when everything is due for your journal but I think I think I can give you a neat picture when I come back.
-Vid, keep rounding up the $%&^!'s but cut the earnest ones a little slack (but strongly lasso the intentional jerks!); and thanks for guiding me around too!
-Ash, give the pirates what for!
-Tropod, give Norton what for!
-Ms. Chara I hope Sim Explorer comes home safely.
-Whoever is doing that new Columbus journal, pls don't let it go metropolis!
-LTParis, I hope D.C. finally solves it's traffic problem in the future!
-Ert I hope you find a lot more idyllic villages this week!
-DT & the NDEX co. good luck on your new collaboration!
-Sim Goober you've earned a vacation too!
-SkiGeek take good care of your cyberchildren!!

Did I miss anybody?? (I must have, there's over 42,000 of us!!!)

When I come back, I'm gonna try to develop enough self-discipline to stay off the boards for a while. I still have a nice summer honey do... list to complete (you married folks know what I mean!) and I finally intend to complete the tutorials; at least ideally Phillipbo's in a couple of weeks. I hope to start my first ever BAT'ing project sometime in September. I also hope to have solid plan for a charter school in my real life by then too!!!

Take care y'all!!44.gif Joe

P.S. Is there is a mechanism to temporarily disable all of the tracking via e-mail without deleting the accounts individually? I don't want to lose the subscriptions altogether but my wife freaks out as it is when she sees a 100+ e-mails coming our way on a given day, let alone e-mails stored for 3-6 days!!!32.gif I'll still be lu

I've just got back from Shropshire (in the UK) and I took my Laptop but I'm not going to take my laptop to Surrey because it is getting repaired as I dropped it down a mountain side along with all my other stuff (i am writng this in a library). I will be going to stay with my nan and then I will go walking in the south downs.
Shropshire:
aerial_view.jpg
2 miles from where my nan lives
RHC02.JPG

I will be gone until further notice. The entire Tampa Bay area is being evacuated. Power will be shut off at 12 EST tonight. Category 3 winds are going to push a 14 foot storm surge onto the island I live on, probably leaving my house flooded by several feet of water. I dont know whether or not my computer will survive.... for all I know my house could be gone when return.... so I may or may not be back over the next few days. I hope everything turns out alright. Wish me luck. 35.gif

Date:8/12/2004 2:44:14 AM
Author:Edman_123

That water in the hot spring is pretty clear.  It reminds me of pools in hotels.

quote> Except this water is boiling!

Date: 8/12/2004 5:31:45 PM
Author: SIMpleton
I will be gone until further notice. The entire Tampa Bay area is being evacuated. Power will be shut off at 12 EST tonight. Category 3 winds are going to push a 14 foot storm surge onto the island I live on, probably leaving my house flooded by several feet of water. I dont know whether or not my computer will survive.... for all I know my house could be gone when return.... so I may or may not be back over the next few days. I hope everything turns out alright. Wish me luck. 35.gif
quote>

Well, that's the scariest entry I've read in this thread in a long time. I hope that you, your family, your house, and your computer survive Hurricane Charlie. Good luck to you.

I guess I'm back. I haven't posted here in a long time, and I've been in the chat a lot recently. This is due to a renewed intrest in SC4... the cause of which cannot be determined. Nonetheless, expect to see a bit more of me around here.

back from my adventure across europe 9.gif
heres a map of the route we took by rail.
0journey.jpg
yellow is the route we took flying, red is the route by rail or ferry.
had a great time seeing all the sights like rome, venice and berlin and the alps 10.gif

I'm back. All is well, all our prayers paid off and Charley veered away from my house. I think I will post something in the hurricane thread, maybe some pics too...