Mithrik

TV Shows: What are you into right now?

314 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just finished the second season of Murder Maps, a series about infamous crimes in and near London from the late 19th to the mid 20th century (post Jack the Ripper).  Season 2 ended with a very well done two-parter on John Reginald Christie, the notorious murderer profiled in the book and movie 10 Rillington Place.

I'm really rather enjoying The Grand Tour.  Some car guys voiced opinions of dissatisfaction with them, however, I-

Wait, did I already post this?  I'm not going back to the previous page to see if I did or not.  Oh well.  Still enjoying The Grand Tour.

Ack, I just watched "Love Storm" do a breathtakingly radical plot twist halfway through the drama.  This show was a romance comedy, and arguably a slow and plodding one at that, but how in the world does an undercover killer for the Taiwanese mafia now figure in a romance comedy?

izcsCQ3.jpg

Noooooo!!!  Vic, why couldn't you have confessed to something else?  Why not a terminal television illness, or a secret love-child, or, geez, even yaoi?  Did it really have to be The Mafia!?!?

Meanwhile, I've also been streaming simulcasts of the currently airing bicycling anime "Yowamushi Pedal:  New Generation."  Freakish race rival Midousuji finally made his reappearance in the latest episode, and it didn't disappoint.  I thought the bicycle speed racing "power-ups" were wacky in the previous seasons, but Midousuji's nightmarish "metamorphosis" to "evolve" into his latest racing "form" came right out of H. R. Giger!  Even the blatant gore fests of "Parasyte" weren't as disturbing.

The latest season of "Gintama" is also currently airing and being simulcast online, and though I am watching it, I can't seem to really get into the episodes.  I guess I miss the goofiness of the Shinsengumi, and perhaps I again am bored by the story arcs that dwell on underworld Asian mafia politics.

Still, any of these are welcome to distract me from CNN, which the president has now declared to be an "enemy of the American People."  It's like watching democracy die live on television.

Star Trek: The Next Generation!  After half-watching the first few episodes of season 2, my wife has become a big fan.  It's the highlight of our day when the kids are all finally asleep to sit down and binge on on TNG.  I had read that people were unhappy with season 2, but we enjoyed it.  However, season 3 has got some really great episodes in it, and even the least great ones are better than the best ones of season 2.  I had seen a whole bunch of TNG in my younger days, but it I am quite enjoying them all in a row.

On 13.4.2017 at 10:48 AM, _marsh_ said:

New Seasons of Better Call Saul and Rick and Morty soonish. Who's watching?

I love Rick and Morty.I´m really happy to see that the 3rd Season is coming now.

Also watched the first new Episodes of Doctor Who.....

I vote Benjamin Sisko for most badass Startrek Captain/Commander ever.

as a side note, I'm currently catching up on the flash/arrow/legends of tomorrow while tinkering with my various projects to get them to do what I want.

DS9 was amazing, certain episodes of it were downright cinematic.  Except the ending, I mean, the second ending.  It felt... tacked on, like almost like an afterthought.  Oh well, it wasn't bad enough to take away from the greatness of the overall series.  It was great and I loved it, right on par with TNG.  With that over, we're moving on to Star Trek Voyager.  It's been good entertainment so far.  We're going to finish season 1 this weekend.

roseanne. i love watching old shows and roseanne is pretty funny, im not that far in though. i hear the last season is pretty bad but ill see.

We finished Voyager a week ago and I mostly loved it, even though it wasn't the greatest of the Trek series.  I cried manly tears of happiness when Janeway got her crew back to the Alpha quadrant.

Now we're on Star Trek Enterprise, and while I've noticed some iffy writing it's been mostly entertaining.  Now we're up to the episode "Detained" and I'm not feeling it.  The prison/prison camp episodes of any Trek series have never been my favorite...

Nothing at the moment as there's nothing on worth watching.  It's the same old crud we've seen over and over and over again.  Yawn.  My tv hasn't been turned on for nearly a month now.