Sign in to follow this  
fdjw0808

Custom Buildings not Lighting up at Night

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey Simcity lovers

these days i started to download some custom buildings from ST/Exchange, and i have to admit, many of them look absolutely stunning, however, i do not understand why those buildings would not light up at night. every time when i download a custom building, i make sure the dependents are downloaded as well. also recently, i downloaded the update for my simcity deluxe edition, and the program was installed successfully, so am i missing something? am i doing something wrong?

thanks

Your game has to be updated to at least version 1,1,640. Look in your Program Files area with windows explorer for SimCity 4.exe. Hover your mouse over this file and it should report the version number. If it is less than the above, please post it, and we'll see what you need.

On the other hand, some buildings don't have the necessary textures for night-lighting. It is an extra step necessary when putting the skins on the model. Take a look at the dates of the lots, and if they are fairly early (2003-2006) there is a good chance they don't have it.

Actually I have a question about this as well. Ive installed the EP-1 update, and some of my custom content shows nightlights. However, not all of them do, including ones of which Im fairly sure that they do have it. Is there another update besides the EP-1 update that I should install, and where can I get it?

• Original Poster
  • Your game has to be updated to at least version 1,1,640. Look in your Program Files area with windows explorer for SimCity 4.exe. Hover your mouse over this file and it should report the version number. If it is less than the above, please post it, and we'll see what you need.

On the other hand, some buildings don't have the necessary textures for night-lighting. It is an extra step necessary when putting the skins on the model. Take a look at the dates of the lots, and if they are fairly early (2003-2006) there is a good chance they don't have it.

hey moose, thank you again for your generous support. so when i hover my mouse over, it shows that the version is 1.1.610.0 instead of 1.1.640.0. is there anything i need to do?

There is another patch to get still if EP-1 was the only one you got, there are two of them.

The link to the second patch is here, courtesy of jeronij:

http://sc4devotion.c...dex.php?page=14 Grab the second download from the top.

I went to the website, and there is a package that allows you to upgrade your simcity to version 1.1.640.0, however, the package requires you to install EP1Update 1 first. so where do i find EP1Update?

thank you.

• Original Poster
  • Same site (Link)... Check the bottom section. (You'll need SKU1) After that, get the night light patch (SC4Update4BAT) from the second section.

after i downloaded the update package, i tried to install it and then a window popped up saying "old file was not found, but a file with the same name has been found, therefore, no update has been done." if i click ok, the installation goes on and says "congratulations, update has successfully been installed." however when i hover my mouse over the game icon, it still shows that the version is 1.1.610.0. what should i do?

thanks

• Original Poster
  • It is the policy of this board to not discuss illegal copies of the game. We have a prior agreement from EA to not support such things.

thank you moose, i went to steam and downloaded the game, right now, all the custom buildings work beautifully in my city. again, thanks a lot for your support!