Sign in to follow this  
A Nonny Moose

Trying to lock the barn after the horse is gone.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ladies and gentlemen (if I may call you that), there is a tendency on this thread to jump in with solutions to problems without sufficient information. One cannot assume that when a person requests help here that his program is the same as yours.

If you give a solution, you should be sure it will work for the OP. If you have doubts about what the OP is running, ask.

Recently, we had several solutions proposed for a user who wasn't running Deluxe at all but the original SC4, unpatched. We have to be more careful when jumping in on these threads. Please think instead of reacting.

• Original Poster
  • Well, Nonny, if I've tried to be helpful, and it turned out I wasn't helping at all, I humbly apologize.

Well, one has to be careful to be sure of the universe of discourse. This thread is just a general reminder to look before you leap. Trying to be helpful is one of the best features of this board.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Angry Mayor
        I'm going to start this by saying that I am probably the wrong personality type to play this game. Like as not, I'm expecting too much; I sincerely doubt it.
        Here's the situation -- I am running a game with the "Serenity Key" terrain. I am in Sandbox mode. The only mods I have in play are for extra MegaTowers. When I play, I use the cheats to turn off (in this order): 
        -Sewer
        -Fire
        -Medical
        -Garbage
        -ControlNet Req's
        -Crime
        I haven't had to use the rest, as yet. Given the fact that none of the bloody cheats STAY ON, I really don't want to. Seriously; less than two minutes after I use the cheats, the issues act like they have not been turned off/were re-enabled.
        DAFUQ?!?!?!

Also, I try to solve the problems of the sims, by following the advice, only to have that be completely worthless. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't understand how the game can give you advice to build more high-wealth levels for a MegaTower, only to disregard the fact that you build a MT that is ALL high wealth.
        So, could someone PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS JODIDO MIERDA TO ME?!?!?! 'Cause, I'll be honest; right now, I wanna find the devs for this game, and pull a killer gorilla...
      • By lavon
        Why doesn't my city have any street lights and signal light? Can someone give some advice on this
      • By poshbakerloo
        Advice | How to build a Chinese city
        I've been playing SC4 for a very very like time, I got it for my 13th birthday, and I'm now 26!
        99% of what I may is a hybrid between US And British styles, but I've never tried anything different. I've been looking at a lot of big Chinese cities and want to have a go.
        I know my custom content will all need changing, but other than just changing the building style, what else can be done? Are there any CJs which follow a chinese style city?
        I want to make a modern style city etc.
      • By Kaboomlandia
        Okay, so my city has kind of hit a snag. The city has 60,000 people and a positive economy with about $3k of leeway a month. Demand for high-tech industry is positive. However, I have two problems:
        1. I'm completely out of room (a shallow channel bisects the city) and surrounded by other cities that I built.
        2. Dirty industry, which has been rezoned to high-density, will not shift to high-tech, even with great education and high-tech industry taxes set to 1.0%.
        What can I do to get high-tech industry to move in? Also, how can I quickly get rid of the air pollution that has built up?
        I have about $2.5M to fill in the water if it has to come to that.

Any advice is appreciated!
      • By LivingInThePast
        Hey guys...I've been meaning to build a new PC (probably going with AMD), trying to shoot for under $1000, and at the minimum play games better than my old MacBook 2010 running Windows XP. Of course, building to play legacy games isn't a winner in the long run, so I'm asking what I should shoot for in terms of graphics cards and whatnot to not only hit no more than $1000 but also play C:S without much sweat, and without cutting out all but the essential details. I'm hoping it would give me a good benchmark to shoot for, because playing C:S well is one of the things I really wanted to do with it...