1. 1. How old are you? (In years)

• 13 - 18
    • 19 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41- 50
    • More than 50

96 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was wondering how old is the Simtropolis community, so I made this little thread with a poll for you guys to vote on your age group.

And to start it off: I am 16 years old.

Who will play simcity 4 after 50 ages ?

Is there an age limit now ?

I'll be 47 in three months time, and I've not got any plans on giving up when I hit my half-century.

Is there an age limit now ?

I'll be 47 in three months time, and I've not got any plans on giving up when I hit my half-century.

WOW man I am really excited, you are a REAL city builder. You must have been a major of a city

I'm 33 and been playing the simcity series ever since it game out. I remember the days constantly typing in "FUND" to get more money on the old amiga 500. I own amiga 1200, xbox360, nintendo ds, psp, windows me desktop and a laptop with windows whatever, out off all the games I own I play simcity 4 deluxe more since I never get bored off it. but if I do play other games they mainly are old games for the amiga 1200. new games today bore me easily and the game tells you what you have to do in order to complete it while on simcity you just use your imagination. sure you've got those annoying advisors but hey just one click on the x button and there gone! what I also like about simcity 4 is that you can drive around your city and you can pretend that you are init :)

LONG LIVE SIMCITY

I don't think that there is an age limit when it comes to "having fun" and enjoying ourselves, that I learned with the years. We age, sometimes we don't like it nor accept it, but nothing changes when it comes to do things we like, whether you're 12 or 75. And that is what makes our community also so special, that we understand each other and are having fun, all ages at the same time. ;)

So, let's have fun.........reminds me, gotta update my CJ.........

mrb

We are over 50, not dead.

I was born in 1937. Is there anyone here who is older? This meeting of the Howard families will come to order.

Looks around and listens to the silence.

Turning 25 in a few weeks. Yay, lower car insurance rates. :P

You know, I don't think I had a car until I was older than that. Congratulations and happy birthday. Got your AAA membership?

Turning 25 in a few weeks. Yay, lower car insurance rates. :P

Yep, we did the happy dance when the youngest turned 25 for the same reason. :D

On topic, I turn 47 (or maybe it's 48? I quit keeping track a while ago.) in January. I see myself playing as long as I have a computer that can run the game. :thumb:

75 isn't bad. Generally, things don't start going really downhill until about 83.

Congrats to those who have reached the quarter century mark. Halfway to your AARP membership!

Got your AAA membership?

Despite my love of taking road trips, I have yet to have anyone make a convincing enough argument to me that joining AAA is worth it. I certainly don't need them for the maps or anything like that, I have maps on my phone and in atlases. I don't need them for roadside assistance since Geico provides that as part of my car insurance deal, and these days most states have free public services for simple things besides. And as for the membership discounts, it's unusual that I find myself in a situation where there would be one to take advantage of - and if you pull into a budget chain hotel at 9 PM looking to fill one of their vacancies for the night, they will generally give you the discount whether you actually have AAA or not, since they'd rather sell a discounted room than not sell it at all.

So what's the point?

How does Geico roadside assistance work? I know when I call AAA, I get a AAA guy in a truck or someone who has a contract with AAA. How many Geico trucks / companies with contracts with Geico are there?

Reminds me of the old Amoco towing service. They would be glad to help you as long as you were within 15 miles of their station. If not, too bad for you.

How does Geico roadside assistance work? I know when I call AAA, I get a AAA guy in a truck or someone who has a contract with AAA. How many Geico trucks / companies with contracts with Geico are there?

Reminds me of the old Amoco towing service. They would be glad to help you as long as you were within 15 miles of their station. If not, too bad for you.

I'm assuming its the same as how AAA member ships work, GIECO has contracts with local towing or or places like Service King or Firestone.

State farm provides the same service's and if you think about it it probably dont cost the insurance companies much since they should already have these type of contracts in place to tow cars from accidents,then there is Onstar which is AAA with the push of a button.

I've never had to use the service so I can't comment on the quality of it.

It works the same way AAA does, as far as I can tell.

I was born in 1937. Is there anyone here who is older? This meeting of the Howard families will come to order.

canada-1937-nickel.jpg?w=490&h=246

My dad was also born in '37. The good thing about that is you are having your 75th Anniversary...

75th.jpg

As for me, I feel like I'm 30, act like I'm 13 and run like I'm 90!

Thought so. 75 can be a deadly age, but I don't look at it that way. If my family genetics hold out, I've probably got another 25 years in me. You are only as old as you feel.

I'm too young to say this, but taking the same argument about the family genetics I'm on the horns of a dilemma. Because in my paternal family the average of death is around more than 85 years old (great-grandfather, rest in peace, died at 103 years old, I still remember him and his funeral when I was only 5 years old). At the other side in my maternal family the average of death is around 75 years old, (my grandfather, rest in peace, died at 75 years old). So, maybe I'm a really complex case, but only time will tell...

I turned 21 last month.

I don't own a car, and haven't yet been in desperate need of one. The nearest shopping centre is about 2 km away from where I live when I'm at university; my university is about the same distance. I live in an off-campus university hall.

You are about the age of my grandfather on my mother's side. Age-wise you could be my grandfather...

Considering I'm 20, there's not much room between generations here...

31. I tell all the kids here that I'm ice cream years old, because Baskin-Robbins' name here is not BR, but Thirty-One. Sadly, I do not have a joke for next year when I turn 32.

An interest demographic for players of SC4. One of the criteria for a new machine for me is the ability to play it. Since I am on Linux, it is just a matter of holding on to the current version of wine.