Sign in to follow this  
Nigel Ballard

Rail embankment to viaduct - HELP!

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi all

i know someone here will know the answer to this! Its driving me mad, and I really don't know what to do!

Basically, I have a rail bridge crossing a river. I have built 15m embankments either side to allow room for ferries. Trouble is, I want to transition the end of the embankment to the viaduct pieces. Heres a pic to show what I mean:

embankmenttoviaduct.jpg

As you can see, the height is correct to transition nicely to the viaduct - thing is I dont know how to do it!!!

please can one of the Simtropolis rail gurus help?

Cheers all

Nige

please can one of the Simtropolis rail gurus help?

I'm not a rail guru, but this falls under the NAM Team, which I'm involved with. Technically, the way you have that setup as it is will work just fine, but it'll look really ugly. (Don't worry, I think it's ugly, too.)

There is an on-slope rail piece in the rail viaduct pieces; It's toward the end of the tab ring, and you'll need to press TAB+SHIFT to get to it.

Additionally, in order to get that embankment right, you'll wanna level the top; I'm guessing you know how to do that, but that's required for the on-slope pieces to work.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk  

Simply use the red-circled puzzle piece which is included as the part of the NAM.

Dttrd.jpg

And after that piece is plopped, the result is :

aL9Rk.png

The result is not bad, right ?

EDIT : Ganaram's typing speed is a bit faster than me, few second faster.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you both!!! I found that rail slope peice, but couldnt get it to work - so I leveled up the embankment a little, built the viaduct up to the edge of the slope and it worked!!!!!

i knew coming here was the best idea!! cheers all

Simply use the red-circled puzzle piece which is included as the part of the NAM.

Except that you're not using the recommended elevation of 15 meters. (It's actually 15.5, the two ground lifter sets that come to mind don't have that.)

Aw, man...the one time I'm SURE I know the answer to a question, and someone else beats me to it. I feel so useless. :cry: Guess I need to start getting up much earlier.

Oh well, I'm glad you got it working. Looks nice!

Except that you're not using the recommended elevation of 15 meters. (It's actually 15.5, the two ground lifter sets that come to mind don't have that.)

Rivit recently made a third set which includes a 15.5m ground lifter.