Sign in to follow this  
KonstantinII

new computer

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi everybody. I bought a new computer. The machine is an Acer I5 Windows8. Will Sc4 with all plugins work for me? How do I get mod for night lights to work I for got. What is the best antivirus that stops viruses,hackers,and spies?Also Microsoft Word and PowerPoint are not included.Where do I get these programs?

I don't know if Sc4 works on W8, but if you do not want to pay for Office you can go to open office.org (no space) and it is free. If you do indeed want to pay for it you must go and buy it either online or at a store. Considering Sc4 can run on my Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 with 516mb of ram and probably no video card, oh yeah and an Intel Atom (sob sob). So what I am trying to tell you is that this game can pretty much be run on any computer built on this side of the millennium.

That is a matter of trust. Norton has been around for years. When I ran it back in the XP days I found it did its very best to eat my processor.

Norton is pretty good. It made the top ten list of best antivirus programs this year. Avast! and AVG are also highly acclaimed. McAfee can be a pain in the butt (and a major memory hog), but it's getting better.

You should be pretty safe with any of the big name AVs. It's up to your personal preferences. The most important thing is to make sure you keep everything updated and practice safe browsing habits.

And if you ever do think you have a virus, you want to use Malware Bytes to clean it up. Free, easy to use program; Google it.

Malwarebytes is very good at getting the job done, I have Trend Micro and it works fairly well, but the bloatware McAfee does still run anyways, from Guatemala anyways

I've been off Windows for quite a long time now, and McAfee used to be lean and mean. It was the selection at the College I taught in because is was fairly small and accurate. Since Norton owns both now, I have not kept up, but that comment makes me think that the two packages have not cross-pollinated. Really too bad.

I use CLAM-AV, which is a Linux product and rather icing on the cake. The Linux security system makes if very hard for invaders.