Sign in to follow this  
madpraxis

Small question about commutor loop, or can sims swims?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

So..a small question. Was putzing around setting up some infrastructure for the region before starting some cities and I had a ponder.

Do the incoming commuters get put in a general pool that it looks at and then doles them out before pushing them out connections or does it look specifically at each individual input?

To clarify, a picture! Yay!

Now, if the highway went Stonk -> Bay Bridge -> Isteria and there was absolutely no crossing of any kind over the river in Isteria, would they loop back over into Bay Bridge while following the Stonk -> Riverside -> Isteria -> hinterlands route? (The question makes sense right? I just drank to much coffee and am brain twitching so I'm not sure if it makes sense...)

igkv36.jpg

So...ya, that's the question.

Hey nonny nonny you moose, expound, enlighten, entertain me!

Also, I dare someone to BAT up forest park in portland ;) It's only 5,100 acres with an 8 mile length! IT WILL TOTALLY FIT, RIGHT? <.<

Oh, also, total first post, I love you all for all the information I've mined from the forum's over the years.

I'm sorry, I'm really not clear on what you're asking. :???:

Sims don't swim. They need a transit system to get to where they are going. If there's no bridge, tunnel, or ferry - they can't cross.

Also, I dare someone to BAT up forest park in portland ;) It's only 5,100 acres with an 8 mile length! IT WILL TOTALLY FIT, RIGHT? <.<

Nope. The biggest possible lot that can be made is the size of a small city. (64x64 tiles) A small city tile is about .6 miles long.

That means the park is 13 small city tiles long. That turns out to be 3.1 large city tiles long. No one is going to BAT that. You can use paths and trees and such to do it yourself. Just search for it on the STEX, theres lots of park kits around.

• Original Poster
  • Only if there is moosehead lager...(or lucky lager).

And, thanks Ithrob, I was just pondering you actually reinforced what I already knew, which is good to know.

And I'm also apparently stalking Nonny Moose through the forum right now...

Only if there is moosehead lager...(or lucky lager).

And, thanks Ithrob, I was just pondering you actually reinforced what I already knew, which is good to know.

And I'm also apparently stalking Nonny Moose through the forum right now...

large_bottle.png

Drop in any time to the Moose Factory for a cold one. The rutting season is over, and if you didn't get a moose ticket this year, be careful not to get caught with a carcase.