Sign in to follow this  
Phate06

Water Issue

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi Guys

Any Idea why I would be getting the no water symbol across a certain part of my city? I have no other issues else where on my region and I have not installed any mods either

below.jpg

above.jpg

I'll bet the water is polluted since that area appears to be dirty industry - and water pollution makes your water pumps and towers shut down.

Try putting your pumping stations in an area that is pollution free.

Or add water purification plants. You're still going to have to do that even if you move your water pumps; otherwise, the dirty areas will eventually get clogged up, and this will spread.

Your water is too polluted. Build a treatment plant and move the pumps out of the industrial zone; that is the height of bad planning in the world of SimCity.

1. Too little amount of water. Add more pumps. But you have a lot of them so i don't think thats the problem.

2. Too Polluted. Move your water towers/pumps to the other island. Connect it with a pipe. DELETE all the existing pumps in the polluted island

I was going to echo one of richardye1's suggestions and tell you to get rid of the pumps off your island, raise the sea floor enough so that you can build pipes under it, and then connect the island's water supply to the rest of your city. ALWAYS place water pumps in an area away from industry, and if possible place them at some higher elevation. I know they are supposedly more efficient when placed next to a river or ocean, but they WILL still produce water in the hills, too. So just place them in some obscure hilly section of the map surrounded by a bunch of trees.

I know they are supposedly more efficient when placed next to a river or ocean...

That was SC3K. The Prima Guide for SC4 says that you can "put them anywhere".

I know they are supposedly more efficient when placed next to a river or ocean...

I don't think SC3K has the rabid greenies we have in SC4.

Well, at any rate I knew they could be placed anywhere, because I don't have mine near a water source and they still pump at optimum efficiency. So I was basically correct, but I guess I didn't realize that particular SC3K "rule" no longer applied.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for the replies it was due to polluted water - I added another 2 treatment plants, as for some reason i cannot stretch the pipes across from one island to another. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks for the replies it was due to polluted water - I added another 2 treatment plants, as for some reason i cannot stretch the pipes across from one island to another. Has anyone else had this?

The reason that you can't stretch it from that island to another is the sea and the steep slope between both islands. I would suggest you to make the sea become shallower and also smooth the slope.

I bet if the pipes can be stretched from that island to another island, then.

Thanks for the replies it was due to polluted water - I added another 2 treatment plants, as for some reason i cannot stretch the pipes across from one island to another. Has anyone else had this?

The reason that you can't stretch it from that island to another is the sea and the steep slope between both islands. I would suggest you to make the sea become shallower and also smooth the slope.

I bet if the pipes can be stretched from that island to another island, then.

I'll second Jason...as I mentioned before, you need to raise the sea floor so you can run pipes under it.

A slope mod works under water...??

We think of transit networks being either Street, Road, OWR, AVE, MHW, EMHW, Rail, ELR, Monorail, Dirtroad (RHW), or Subway; These are all transit networks. The two networks that you'll never hear as being networks are power lines and pipes; They're referred to as being utility networks; You have to drag them out, after all.

Plus, they both have entries in the traffic simulator. (BTW, their capacities are zero; You can't drive down a water pipe, and you can't drive on top of power lines.)

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk  

Programmers and designers do funny things when any kind of continuous flow is being worked out. Since both power and water flow, it sort of makes sense that they could be considered as zero capacity networks. Veering, but there you are.

(BTW, their capacities are zero; You can't drive down a water pipe, and you can't drive on top of power lines.)

So no genetic freaks boogying around the sewers? BUMMER DUDE.