Sign in to follow this  
edman2012

How do you find where "custom ploppable" buildings in landmarks menu are?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ever since i've started downloading content for the game in the landmarks menu there are a lot of buildings that are simply named as "custum ploppable" and are almost completely useless static landmarks. How can i possibly locate their file names so i can delete them?

I've noticed that, too. The only thing I can think of is to go ahead and plop it to see if it becomes obvious to you...such as a hotel with a name on the building, or a store with a sign in front, or a restaurant with a particular logo, etc. Then go into your plugins folder to see which files contain those names. If you can find them, simply remove them. I personally don't know how else to do it, so maybe someone else could better help you with this.

There is no other fix than mentioned above, unless you find and correct this with the LE (LotEditor). There's one thing though that everyone should do. Moose mentions it often.

Yes, a sandbox region. A small region, usually one tile large, to try the new downloaded mods and lots first. Everytime you download a lot, plop or grow it (while zoning exactly for its size to have it grow quickly) in your already existing sandbox city, and then query it and see what is missing or not to your personal liking. From there on, you can either delete it or modify it with the LE, something that I do with EVERY MOD and LOT I download.

This way you will know if it looks good for you, works well, is well balanced or has no conflict with other mods/Lots. Something to consider earlier or later. There will be one day that you regret NOT to have done it. ;)

mrb

An easy way to make a sandbox is simply to open the game and click on the button to create a new region. You will get the default 1024 x 1024 region with cities of all sizes. This test bed can be used for several tests, then scrapped and a new one created at will.