Sign in to follow this  
annlou

New Map Brown Boxes instead of trees - help please

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I had previously asked for help as when I opened a new map I could see coloured objects instead of trees and so I removed the file that caused this, I thought that the problem was solved but when I restarted simcity and opened another new map (not started building anything) instead of trees I got hundreds of brown boxes. I had been tidying up my plugin folder and can only think that I have deleted an important file that shows the trees on the new map. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

The Oops mod only changes how the game visualizes missing dependencies! It's not the root of your problem. The root of your problem is, well, dependencies. What you did while tidying up is that you accidentally deleted the file that contains the graphical information for your trees! If you emptied your recycle bin and haven't been keeping backups, you'll need to remember where you originally got your trees from and download their dependencies again.

If you want to look for files you can (probably) safely get rid of, you can use One of its many useful features is that it color codes files that are completely overwritten by other files, allowing you to easily identify ones that are redundant. Read the manual.

Well, looks like you deleted a file that belongs to your tree mod. Re-downloading and re-installing whatever tree mod you may be using (and its associated dependencies) should help.

In the long term, try to get into a habit of moving things out of your plugins folder into a backup folder first instead of deleting them right away - This can save a lot of headache since you can simply move stuff back.

EDIT: I'm getting too old and too slow...

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Mr Giggles. I was trying to tidy up a bit and sort out the plugin folder. I no doubt deleted something by mistake.

Hi T Wrecks

Yes, I should have done what you advise. I'm getting too old and too slow too and my brain is starting to shut down lol. Thanks for your advice.