Sign in to follow this  
annlou

Strange flag-like objects instead of trees? Need help please...Solved

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

HiI recently downloaded a bunch of great mods for my game but each time I get to the map screen all I can see, instead of trees, are coloured flag-like objects. The colours are red, green and blue (i think). I thought at first that it was the Italian flag that I had downloaded and so removed it from my plugins but kept it in simcity folder. But, the objects are still showing up. Has anyone come across this glitch before? I hunted through the forum but couldn't find anything relating to this.All help much appreciated.

Those flags replace the brown box issue. They are an eyesore but are supposed to show you where your plugins are missing or messed up. The particular mod that gets rid of brown boxes and puts a bright flag where all missing props go is by SimPeg/Pegasus.

Hopefully helpful,

--Ocram

• Original Poster
  • Hi Ocram. Thanks for your help. When I first see the funny flag objects I have only just opened up to the map with the god terraforming tools and havent yet built anything. I kind of suspected that it is to do with the god trees and so i have just tried the trees to see what would happen and instead of trees i get these flags/small boxes. But maybe you are right as i remember downloading that file at simpeg and it said that instead of a box the game would show a brown patch instead. i'll remove it and see what happens. cheers.

UPdate: YOu're right Ocramseattle. I just checked the file at simpeg and it does show a coloured object. I think i'd rather have the brown box than that so I will take it out. I thought it would just be a brown splodge. Thanks again.

I think i'd rather have the brown box than that so I will take it out.

Hmmm... the brown box indicates a problem like a missing building or prop. Your interest would be to solve that, not 'live with it' ;-)

Point is - the Maxis brown box covers the whole lot, so it is impossible to see what exactly is missing. Peg's funny flags help there by substituting a much smaller (but still very obvious) token that allows you to see what is missing.