Sign in to follow this  
sencillo1

girafe trees

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

What is a girafe tree?

Mayor-mode ploppable tree models made by Simtropolis and SC4D member Girafe. His trees are only available on the LEX. And the answer to the original question is no; they are only available as he has uploaded them. I haven't tried all of them but I know the ones I have usually place in clumps. The only things you can do are either ask him to alter and re-release them or make your own mod using his models, but you can't ever upload it without his permission.

It's easy to make props for use in the Lot Editor if you're so inclined. I'm assuming that's what you are asking for.

Here's what I did for my own use. Straight forward and simple.

Make a dummy building (a cube will do) in gmax and export it as any other building using the name of the girafe tree you want as a prop.

Then use the Plugin Manager to make your dummy building into a prop.

Then, using Ilive Reader, change the model your dummy prop points to in the (Resource Key Type 1) RKT1 record.

Delete your dummy building model file when you are done. Takes about 10 minutes each.

Did anyone ever manage to make the girafe trees into single plopable trees?

I don't see a problem there? Just make your own prop exemplar(s), reference the wanted model and there you go... some experience with Reader and fiddling with IDs and such presumed :-)

Ah, Jay was faster... :-)

And if you make your own prop exemplars, you can also upload them - just make sure you don't include the original models but reference them as a dependency...

• Original Poster
  • Thanks guys for the help, unfortunately Im not experienced using lot editors, I was just wondering cause i hate that the bigger girafe trees all plop in clumps of 3 or more.

Did anyone ever manage to make the girafe trees into single plopable trees?

single models are availbale only for the maples of maples v2 pack. They have been made for LOTers and are not modded for the mayor mod menu. If you want them under the mayor mod menu, you have to do it with reader.