Sign in to follow this  
FaisalZulkarnaen

How to create Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in city transit system? Have anyone done it before?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Um it isnt reallyyyyy possible. There are work arounds, the best you can do right now is use cosmetic RHW puzzle pieces to make your highways appear to have BRT but wouldnt actually function as such. The other way to do so is to use special road lots that stop all traffic except buses however that means an integrated network is difficult to achieve. Good luck and may I suggest LRT instead.... its capabilities are so much better and its pretty much the same (In terms of space requirements and building strategy in game.

Good luck!

Buses are poorly implemented in game. There is only one passenger per bus, with the effect that the bus system really only provides a kind of moving eye-candy. The idea of articulated buses, and multi-passenger vehicles is something that was beyond the specifications of the game, or perhaps never got implemented like other things due to the marketing deadline.

Adding UDI to the game at the last minute really messed up any items that never quite got to completion.

You could always work around it with eye candy and the NAM.

Perhaps you could lay (if they exist) "tram lanes" that look like extra bus lanes, or maybe there's a NAM compatible tool for that.

The idea, though, would be to run something else than buses on these, at least game wise. For instance, the game could treat your BRT-looking as a subway. At the special ends of the BRT lane, a converter (in fact a subway/bus station that doesn't add time or something) could convert your BRT from subways (in game) to buses (in game).

Cosmetically such a thing would look like a BRT network, and one could even make bus automata circulate on these lanes - and just bus automata or something.

I've always wanted to do this. Here in Houston we have no commuter rail, but we have a successful BRT system with grade-separated, gated, patrolled HOV lanes running down the center of all of our major freeways. The Metro park and ride buses go from the station into the HOV lane and bypass all traffic to reach downtown quickly. SimCity does not allow me to create such a system; I have only the option to build either rails, or buses that share the road with cars.

With care, you should be able to lay down some OWRs inside the lanes of your regular auto-access and mark them buses only. There are some lots out there than can help you do this. Then you need some big terminals, and there is at least one on the STEX. If I wanted to do this, I think I have most of the necessary tools.

It might be laborious, but nothing is achieved without a little work.

I've always wanted to do this. Here in Houston we have no commuter rail, but we have a successful BRT system with grade-separated, gated, patrolled HOV lanes running down the center of all of our major freeways. The Metro park and ride buses go from the station into the HOV lane and bypass all traffic to reach downtown quickly. SimCity does not allow me to create such a system; I have only the option to build either rails, or buses that share the road with cars.

That was the option with old Le Havre transit before they built light rail. It's good, if done properly. Again I like my idea, but I dunno how to set it up so it'd work in SC4 :(