Sign in to follow this  
Cefien

Something strange with passenger train Automata

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

livingstonsep5581353817.jpg

livingstonsep2254135379.jpg

Everytime the automata passes through turns or winding rail lines, it goes like this....it looks like being folded or something.... :???:

and it only happen to my passenger train, the others like freight, el-rail and monorail are doing fine...

i once using custom train automata, but i decided to remove it and back to the original maxis as i suppose it might be the cause, but nothing change.....i also decided to clean my plugins folder for awhile and start a new city....but... :noway:

also, i recently finds out that the automata is shorter than normal, i never see a long passenger train automata in my cities anymore (it folded? o.O )....help please...

Funny. Doesn't happen to me, and I use a lot of heavy rail. Most of my rail lines are out of town (in the country side) and I wonder if having them in an urban setting is making any difference?

• Original Poster
  • Funny. Doesn't happen to me, and I use a lot of heavy rail. Most of my rail lines are out of town (in the country side) and I wonder if having them in an urban setting is making any difference?

well, it kinda funny, but it's problem to me....i'm sure it doesn't happen to you...if so, you would have answered my problem now, wouldn't you...

It doesn't matter in what area....my trains still goes like that after it passed through turning lines...and it strangerly happen to my passenger train automata only... o.O

• Original Poster
  • I have this too, sometimes, on diagonal stretches. Nu clue why.

Really?? Now i kinda think that this is a game bug... :(

This is quite old, and I think it was caused by a japanese train station, if I recall well.

Try bulldozing these stations and uninstalling their plugins (AFTER bulldozing them). It would be good to backup your region (copy the region's folder somewhere else) before carrying out the experiment. If you finally find it, please let us know the plugin that caused it. so we may provide a fix.

• Original Poster
  • This is quite old, and I think it was caused by a japanese train station, if I recall well.

Try bulldozing these stations and uninstalling their plugins (AFTER bulldozing them). It would be good to backup your region (copy the region's folder somewhere else) before carrying out the experiment. If you finally find it, please let us know the plugin that caused it. so we may provide a fix.

Now i didn't know that....i'll let you know as soon as i'm done it....

but question.....is it affect my entire cities in a single region?? cause i found this problem even in my cities without the japanese train station.... :???:

It could be that a setting in the plugin is causing havoc with the game's trains, even if the train station it provides isn't plopped in a given city. As Cogeo said, if you find the culprit, please name it and link to it (If possible).

• Original Poster
  • This is quite old, and I think it was caused by a japanese train station, if I recall well.

I found the "trojan horse"..... Yokogawa Train Station by NOB

spandaujan1021353890329.jpg

It took time to find out, but i did it...i removed all Japanese BAT from my plugins first and then minimize them to their creators....and it led me to NOB's.....as soon as i remove this train station, my train automata back to normal....

I've done a little experiment by removing, putting it back to plugins folder and reloading the game several time, just in case i made a mistake....and now i'm 100% sure that this is the Trojan within my plugins...thanx for all the help.... :D

Good work. But be sure of your terminology. A Trojan program is one that carries a virus with it, not an error. If this lot were a true Trojan it would have a lot more symptoms that just train wrecks. It would probably destroy your file system.

Let us remember the original Trojan Horse. An apparent offering to Poseidon that the Trojans pulled into their city by pulling down part of their wall. It had nasty, malicious Achaean warriors inside, which led to the founding of Rome. Rome eventually destroyed the Greek civilization by conquest.

• Original Poster
  • Good work. But be sure of your terminology. A Trojan program is one that carries a virus with it, not an error. If this lot were a true Trojan it would have a lot more symptoms that just train wrecks. It would probably destroy your file system.

Let us remember the original Trojan Horse. An apparent offering to Poseidon that the Trojans pulled into their city by pulling down part of their wall. It had nasty, malicious Achaean warriors inside, which led to the founding of Rome. Rome eventually destroyed the Greek civilization by conquest.

Lol, I know bro,..."trojan horse" here is not that virus program....it's just a figure speech of something that nicely enter my City of Troy (plugins folder) and destroy it from the inside....sorry for not mention it specifically.... :golly:

This is quite old, and I think it was caused by a japanese train station, if I recall well.

Yeah... same very good memory !

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

train2nw.jpg

Problem with trains -

Moose - you're there but not recalled.!