Sign in to follow this  
DougS1970

Garbage Deal problems.

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Don't know if people are really active on answering questions anymore. I started a city was trying to keep it clean, my neighboring city has a lot of dirty industry. It came up and said, "you have a neigbor that will buy your trash, would you like to make the deal?" I said yes and picked to start exporting 69 whatevers. A little while goes by and an advisor interupts and says, "hey some bonehead started a deal to buy garbage and we do not have room." I checked and under the deal I am paying the other city $ to export garbage. If I was importing it wouldn't I be making money instead of spending. Can anyone help clear this up for me? Do I want to import or export the trash? If I don't wanna deal with it I think I should export it, please help.......

Doug

You're right. If you export your trash, you have to pay for it (more expensive than a landfill, but without the pollution), and if you import it, you make money to store it (but you have to deal with the landfill and the pollution). It balances out.

So you want to export trash. Sometimes the advisers get a little confused and give you warnings that aren't true. You learn to be wary of their advice.

All true. Be aware that the advisors have their own agendas that may not be in line with the city's benefit. They are all empire builders. I generally arrange for my garbage to be exported to a port city which has a garbage dock. This pretty much gets rid of the garbage without a lot of fuss and pollution.

I haven't built a land-fill in quite some time now. However, if you feel you must, then build a waste to power plant instead of a land-fill.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks guys, all good info. I was exporting it but the advisor was calling me a bonehead saying we don't even have room for our trash. Which I thought exporting it to my dirty city should take care of it. In my dirty city I have 2 waste to power plants and a lot of dirty industry, I was unaware of the port you mentioned. I hadn't played this game in years, I got Cities XL2012 on sale through Steam. And even though the graphics were awesome I noticed the game play itself was lacking. So I looked for the Simcity 4 disks. Couldn't find them and ended up buying it again off of Steam. So much for the president of EA saying all gamers are pirates, I bought the game twice. Anyway the game play itself is more satisfying to me. I will have to start another thread cause the Real Highway Mod is either very complicated time consuming or I am doing something wrong there to. Thanks again for the help with the garbage and I will be looking to try and build that trash port thing.

Cheers

Doug

Doug, to give your advisors perspective, make sure the advisor panel is closed and enter CTRL+xdollyllamaRETURN. This command changes them so that you can see them as they really are.

If you start something on the RHW, why not put it over here? There are support and discussion threads for most aspects of the stuff the NAM team is working on.