Sign in to follow this  
diamondjoe

Help needed with dependency's

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm new to this site and im not sure how to download the dependency's. Downloading the lots etc seems straightforward enough but when I follow the link to the dependency's, from the readme, I've hit a wall.

Any help at all will be much appreciated.

Some of the links in the readme are old and no longer work so you will have to manually search for them. I tend to use the dependency list from SC4Devoition. Here is a Link: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=4

You need to register for the file exchange at SC4Devotion. As far as downloading them and installing them most come with a self installer, and what I do is make a separate folder in my Plugins folder named Dependencies and place all

Dependencies in there for easy sorting. I also use a program called BSC Cleanitol which will sort through your plugin folder and find out if you are missing any Dependencies her is a link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=97

Hope this helps

Hi, I've also had trouble with dependencies. I haven't had problems with mods where I simply have to extract the files manually and place them in the Plugins Folder. Rather, I'm having trouble with the automatic loaders/self-installers for lots/props that require large dependency packages. It says that the installation is complete but I do not see it in the Plugins folder or its own folder within it - nothing has changed in-game. I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thanks for the help. I figured this doesn't warrant its own thread. :D

When you open the self installer make sure you change the insallation directory to your plugins folder. On my computer I have 2 hard drives, C:\ (which is my main drive that windows is installed on) and F:\ (which is where I have Simcity installed).

I Have to manually change the directory to read F:\Simcity4\Plugins. Etc.

If not it will automatically install to my C:\ drive

Sometimes it will also install the files to another user on the computer. For example, I'm not the administrator on my computer, so it puts them in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins, instead of mine.

• Original Poster
  • Some of the links in the readme are old and no longer work so you will have to manually search for them. I tend to use the dependency list from SC4Devoition. Here is a Link: http://sc4devotion.c...ndex.php?page=4

You need to register for the file exchange at SC4Devotion. As far as downloading them and installing them most come with a self installer, and what I do is make a separate folder in my Plugins folder named Dependencies and place all

Dependencies in there for easy sorting. I also use a program called BSC Cleanitol which will sort through your plugin folder and find out if you are missing any Dependencies her is a link: http://sc4devotion.c...c.php?lotGET=97

Hope this helps

The list is quality!! When I click into either LEX or STEX link it brings up a page with the description and details. On this page thou, is where I'm stuck....where do you go from here???

You have to register for the STEX and LEX then when you click on the dependency it will pull up the page you are stuck on but there will be a download button. if you do not see the download button it is because you are not registered/logged in

on the LEX it will have the header at the top, then the lot details just below that. It should say Download Here in bold and underlined at the bottom of the lot details section, but like I said you have to register for the LEX.

The ones you get from STEX it will be in it's usual spot, same as lots and stuff