Sign in to follow this  
eldoby

GTA V map request

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I don't know if this thread is on the right place, if not, move it to the right place. guys the title says it all, i want a los santos map ,

it sould have:to the north, a large cordillera resembling Great Western Divide.

to the east, the pacific ocean, with some small hills around it

to the west, a desert or a flatland

to the south another flatland

here's a photo of what it should look like( only includes the los santos area)

here are the dimensions of the total map: 30 square miles

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63305485@N04/8171581027/sizes/l/in/photostream/

You mean you want a region constructed like this? Do you have any preferences for the division into city tiles? Remember city tiles are at maximum 4 Km. squares, so there could be quite a lot of them.

Your sense of direction is a little off... In LA or Los Santos, the Pacific lies west of the city, the desert is east, the Salton Sea area they mentioned that Trevor was from is southeast, and the valley and rolling hills and mountains are to the north.

• Original Poster
  • well Dan Houser said LS is going to be the size of 4 liberty cities together, so if we make some calculations:

1 liberty city: 6 miles wide and 2 miles

so if we multiply this number by four times it would be like this:

6*4= 24

then it would be 24 miles wide

so the city of los santos would be at least 24 miles wide and 8 miles from north to south.

Your sense of direction is a little off... In LA or Los Santos, the Pacific lies west of the city, the desert is east, the Salton Sea area they mentioned that Trevor was from is southeast, and the valley and rolling hills and mountains are to the north.

lol yea that was a typo lol sorry, yea you're right :)

• Original Poster
  • Well liberty city is from west to east 6 miles wide and from north to south 2 miles, so they said los santos is at least 4 times liberty city

so it would be 6*4= 24 and them 2*4=8 so los santos would be 24 miles wide and 8 miles from north to south , but i maked some calculations with a nez screenshor from trevor sky-diving in los santos downtown, http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#439

in the phto you can see the vincent thomas bridge, the one that connects to LA seaport, so:

rzdr6.jpg

if you see this distance in meters would be 400-500 meters long ,so the downown is close to the port so, i think you can make the city in one large tile with that map i gave you, and make the rest of the map with 6-7 large tiles around it

Well liberty city is from west to east 6 miles wide and from north to south 2 miles, so they said los santos is at least 4 times liberty city

so it would be 6*4= 24 and them 2*4=8 so los santos would be 24 miles wide and 8 miles from north to south

get your maths right, 4 times bigger in area means 2 times bigger per axis...

LC was 6*2 = 12sqmi so LS would be (6*2)*(2*2) = 12 wide * 4 high= 48sqmi, and not 24 * 8 = 192sqmi

the latter would mean that LS alone would be bigger than 5 times the map size of Red Dead Redemption; which the total map size of GTA5 is said to be, including underwater area

if we go with the numbers, the interwebs is pretty sure the RDR map is 2.5 times the size of GTA:SA, which was approx. 14sqmi.

so RDR is 35sqmi and GTA5 is going to be 175sqmi

that, in turn, approximates 450sqkm which equals a square area of 21km per axis or 5*5 large tiles... for the entire map

LS alone would occupy a square area of 11km per axis which is almost 3*3 large tiles, covering about a third of the whole map.

EDIT: for your map request... I'd like suggest to wait until we know the actual shape of the map.

We don't even know the limits of the represented area right now.

What's known is that Mt Chiliad is back which most say is based off of Mt Diablo (while others say Mt Whitney; I'm more with the first cuz the infrastructure on Mt Chiliad looks like on Mt Diablo) and we know that the Salton Sea area is in. Further we know about a large army base which hints on Edwards AFB

And of course LA.

Thats it.

Good luck with this. For people who want to SimCity the GTA area, I am at a loss as to how you will have an appropriate crime wave. There are some building complexes on the STEX for a red light district if you need it.