Sign in to follow this  
Callesson

Terraforming a region

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello!

I need some tips for starting to use SC4Terraformer beacuse I don't want to go in to every city terraform. So my question is what I need and how to use SC4Terraformer. What should I think about when I use this tool, etc, etc? I hope you understand what I mean and maybe you can link some good threads for beginners like me =)

PS: sorry for my bad english =P

/Callesson

If you are running anything later than XP you have to be fairly windows/computer aware to get this to run. It is written in Python and needs the Python run-time.

I'd like to suggest you have a look at LD will generate a new region map (randomly) and the config.bmp which can then be rendered using the game's built-in renderer. This program can also read in gray-scale maps and show them in colour as they will be in the game without waiting for a full render. With a good graphics editor you can modify these maps, read them in again to see how you are doing, and so on. There is ample documentation in the help files. If you need a graphics editor, I'd suggest the GIMP. LD is a windows executable, and runs on any windows system up to Windows 7. I don't believe anyone has tested it on Windows 8.

If you are running anything later than XP you have to be fairly windows/computer aware to get this to run. It is written in Python and needs the Python run-time.

I'd like to suggest you have a look at Landscape Designer. LD will generate a new region map (randomly) and the config.bmp which can then be rendered using the game's built-in renderer. This program can also read in gray-scale maps and show them in colour as they will be in the game without waiting for a full render. With a good graphics editor you can modify these maps, read them in again to see how you are doing, and so on. There is ample documentation in the help files. If you need a graphics editor, I'd suggest the GIMP. LD is a windows executable, and runs on any windows system up to Windows 7. I don't believe anyone has tested it on Windows 8.

I used GIMP great little program I used it until I need photoshop and paint shop.

Asking if it runs under windows 8 yes in does but if you need a coffee it is then a great time to load the program as it take that much time to load

Or you could run a graphic program to make your the map jpeg file the use Landscape Designer to make the config file.