Sign in to follow this  
lovemax

what dose this mean

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

I think the question is 'What is the phantom slider bug?', to which I don't know the answer to, so I am also curious.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who do know, and will enlighten us shortly.

I think the question is 'What is the phantom slider bug?', to which I don't know the answer to, so I am also curious.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who do know, and will enlighten us shortly.

The phantom slider (or, as I like to call it, the ghostly irritant) happens with the opera house fix as well. It simply means that no matter how much you change the slider (left, right) the cost will stay the same, and as soon as you close the query window, it's capacity will reset to a certain amount every time.

Well, it means what it means.

The file comes with a Read Me list of dependencies and lots that must be deleted from your Plugins folder to avoid duplicities and weird behaviours. You might have some of these lots already installed, then, just before installing that SG Health BSC file, you should demolish the lots on your cities (if you have them installed) that the Read Me file is stating.

The phantom slider bug can occur with any building that has sliders - schools, hospitals, fire etc... It will happen if you have any of these types already built in your city and then go in and tweak things - e.g. remove the lot from your plugins without bulldozing it first, or change its values (with an 'outside' prog like Reader), e.g. for a different capacity...

• Original Poster
  • The phantom slider bug can occur with any building that has sliders - schools, hospitals, fire etc... It will happen if you have any of these types already built in your city and then go in and tweak things - e.g. remove the lot from your plugins without bulldozing it first, or change its values (with an 'outside' prog like Reader), e.g. for a different capacity...

thank you that is very helpful