Sign in to follow this  
Urban Constanta

Dobrogea: building a new city

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

Oil is one of the resources that started many wars. Oil keeps our world in move. The discovery of oil in Modern Bay was like the bucket full of gold at the end of the rainbow for the region of Dobrogea. So the goverment take decision to start the building of a large seaport near the off shore oil fields.

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-2Feb001351805318.png

But the roads were full with traffic, and the train speed was slow so the decided to build a highway H1 for the building materials to reach the construction site much faster.

(sorry for the grid i fogot it on)

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-4Jan001351798444.png

Two suggestions:

1) Search for a grass retexture mod. The stock one looks too artificial.

2) Use a slope mod.

It would be nice if you could use the real life docks in Constanta as a rough guide for this region.

• Original Poster
  • 1. I am using California Terrain mod

2. I'm using RHW slope mode but i made a small mistake when buinding the highway exit and that's why the angle is like that :))

3. That would be nice but were could i find the real docks :D ....

• Original Poster
  • Now i give you the MIB Project - The Marina Is Back

The whole ideea of the project is to redevelop the abandoned seaport willage in a luxurious marina.

***This is still work in progress so no artistic picture, just a U.C. pic***

The project is part of a bigger one that has the goal to redevelop the entire old city (Modern Bay District) of Constanta City (this is NOT a recreation pf my hometown) into a large touristic hot spot.

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-30May001352434796.png

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-28May001352434755.png

• Original Poster
  • Thanks. This is just a distrcit of the main city, main city that it's made from 9 large city tiles. So there is a lot of work to be done. I hope that in february the whole city to be finished. It's a hard because i've blocked all amxis buildings, and i want the garbage to be colected in only one district and it's a bit complicated...but le'ts hope i'll manage to find a way.

• Original Poster
  • -----Constangeles stories ----

1. Coming home

Here I am returning home after 20 years. I'm driving on the highway. Now it goes through the city of Constanta. Hmmm. A lot had change since i was 12. Now I can see the lights of my old town. . Today it's just a district, Modern Bay, of the big city. I was both fascinated and terrified by those old buldings. Modern Bay was very very old....

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-21Sep011352773456.png

It's 3 o'clock in the morning so i can't see much.

When i passed St. Paul Chapel i felt something cold on my back. The old graveyard looks even more decayed as usual. The graves are overrun by dirt, dead trees, bushes and weeds.Father Alexander must be dead by now, or 90 years old...

Nobody ever attended this chapel. The legend says that the graveyard was build over an apache burrial ground. Even nowadays there is a relic inside. An old totem left somewhere inside. The legend also says something about ghosts and other evils spirits . Anyways legend or not there was something creepy abou it. Even the misspelled writing over the graveyard's entrance gives me the creeps:

"SEMATARY"

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-7Mar011352756814.png

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-7Mar011352756829.png

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-14Apr011352757060.png

MODERNBAYDISTRICT-11Mar011352756935.png

to be continued...