Sydney Opera House

Eiffel Tower

New World Trade Center

Christ the Redeemer

Burj Khalifa/Burj al Arab

Notre Dame de Paris

Willis Tower Sears Tower

Any other ideas that would be cool?

I'm kinda iffy on landmarks, though I'd like to see more skyscrapers from around the world.

I'd really like to see a special class of "functional landmarks" basically Maxis-designed buildings that are like rewards, but also have functionality and jobs. An example would be the "Regional Headquarters for Shiny Things, Inc" building, or etc.

Torre Caja Madrid is a nice example for a non-American kind of architecture that was lacking in the previous vanilla games. Otherwise, any other kind of highrise that you don't see in the USA would be nice. Actually, a share of European-style buildings would be a great addition to the game - but watch EA put that in a 50 € separate expansion pack.

personally, i take or leave landmarks, i almost never use the ones maxis provided.

except for when i was a child playing sc3000, i would place a landmark on the areas effected by a past disaster as a memorial of some sort.... idk, i was a weird kid.

Edited by nukeu123  

I want to see big ben, the gherkin, ifc 1/2 world trade center new/old, empire state building, chrystler building, cn tower, seattle space needle, l'arc de triumph, eiffel tower, library tower, bank of china tower, renaissance center, I can't think of any others at the moment.

The collosseum would be nice i guess, with some italian building popping up around it!

Also something from germany apart from the Brandenburg Gate.

Taipei 101

Something russian apart from the Basilica, maybe that monument in Stalingrad/Volgograd?

From Austria, either Schönbrunn or Hofburg palace.

And some others so we can get a nice international feel to this game.

Some of my top favorites would be:

Burj Khalifa

Colosseum

Temple of Zeus

London Parliament

The LDS Conference Center (fantastic mormon architecture next to the SLC temple)

And lastly, I don't know if this counts as a landmark:

Disneyland - or any theme park for that matter

Some of my top favorites would be:

Burj Khalifa

Colosseum

Temple of Zeus

London Parliament

The LDS Conference Center (fantastic mormon architecture next to the SLC temple)

And lastly, I don't know if this counts as a landmark:

Disneyland - or any theme park for that matter

"Mormon architecture" sounds so funny :D

I'd like a couple of things from Manchester (to show that England is not just London!) The Beetham Tower, CIS building and City Tower would probably be the best bets, but the Trafford Centre could be pretty good too.

I'm kinda iffy on landmarks, though I'd like to see more skyscrapers from around the world.

I'd really like to see a special class of "functional landmarks" basically Maxis-designed buildings that are like rewards, but also have functionality and jobs. An example would be the "Regional Headquarters for Shiny Things, Inc" building, or etc.

Yeah all landmarks are functional objects. Some are regular workplaces, while others are mostly tourist attractions. We'll be talking about them soon.

Burj Khalifa - Dubai, UAE

Burj Al Arab - Dubai, UAE

Emirates Towers - Dubai, UAE

Churchill Downs - Louisville, USA

Transamerica Pyramid - San Francisco, USA

Just a few of ideas lol :)

Oh! Also the Sydney Opera House :)

None. I don't use landmarks, I would rather build my own city not one that looks like San Fransisco, London or Hong Kong. Now ficticous ones like the Braun Llama Dome would be more interesting.

• Original Poster
  • Good news for you crazyllamasim! The Willis (Sears) Tower was featured in the Disasters trailer!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they all employ jobs unlike SC4....

There's a mod for that, you know. Best thing ever invented (other than the N64 and digital cameras)

Just anything from Australia, we get a bad rap from everyone.

Couldn't agree more. I'm here in the US of A, but I complained that there was no Sydney Opera House in SC4 Or XL12. Maybe if it was somewhere closer to another continent...

The Pyramid of Chichen Itza (in Cities XL)

Space Needle

Washington Mutual Tower

Smith Tower (in SimCity 4)

Columbia Tower (in SimCity 4)

--Ocram

Big on Seattle i see