Sign in to follow this  
Easy Bakes

Disney Buys Lucas Film for $4B

37 posts in this topic Last Reply

I didn't think the episodes I, II, and III were bad...but this....I'm losing hope for humanity honestly.

I and II were crap IMO. III did a decent job of tying that crap with the the original trilogy.

To be honest I don't really care if VII is crap, it will just be nice to see what happens after episode VI after all these years...

I accept the prequels as real Star Wars.

But this is silly.

Can't just leave a good thing alone, gotta milk it for all the money it's worth.

Edited by Duke87  

I think the market is over saturated with Star Wars at the moment and really feel it needs a rest for a while, there are endless games (some good) the TV show Clone Wars (I know its meant to be good :-)). And many many many books, I wouldn't even know where to begin in the expanded universe lol. I read the Jedi Trilogy and I know of the Thrawn trilogy but beyond that I am lost!

When I bought the Blu-Rays I did enjoy it but not as much as I could have, I guess I'm just suffering with fatigue from these being released and re-released constantly, the whole thing just feels done to death to me. Its a shame because I love the original three so I have banned myself from watching any Star Wars for a while... Hopefully I can pick up and enjoy the blu-rays again but it wont be for a while for me.

I'd like to see the Rouge squadron return, i've read the X-wing series and i think it'd make a great follow on.

Oh i love the clone wars, despite it being a cartoon; its all right even if the figures do look a bit distorted

I might as well throw a couple of Simoleons into the ring here. Lucas isn't going away; he's staying on as a consultant or something from what I've heard. Since some fans may be tired of the same six films being re-released over and over again, this will provide new material which may help some. I think the biggest problem here is that the die-hard Jedi out there have already developed their own post-Episode VI storyline, notwithstanding all of the books and the like which have been produced to continue the saga. Many of them may disavow any new material which contradicts their interpretations – or the books' descriptions – of the post-Endor events, although I believe some of them will be overjoyed at the release of a sequel trilogy.

The consensus in the official Star Wars fandom, however, is that movie canon takes precedence over TV, video games, or fan works. So, I trust that Episode VII will at least be logical in its portrayal of post-Endor events. I'm more or less neutral on the continuation of the series. It didn't bother me that there were only six episodes, but I'm fine with the saga going on as well. I concur with Easy Bakes about Harrison Ford likely not playing Han Solo in a movie taking place shortly after VI, but I don't see why he couldn't play an older Solo if VII is far enough into the future after VI.

Edited by metarvo  

This is probably the most demanded FPS these days:

star_wars_battlefront_3.jpg

It would sell like hotcakes. I'm not the type who plays FPS (although I am awesome at Goldeneye/Perfect Dark on the N64 ;)) but I love playing as a stromtrooper shooting all over the place and not hitting a single target :P

• Original Poster
  • I might as well throw a couple of Simoleons into the ring here. Lucas isn't going away; he's staying on as a consultant or something from what I've heard. Since some fans may be tired of the same six films being re-released over and over again, this will provide new material which may help some. I think the biggest problem here is that the die-hard Jedi out there have already developed their own post-Episode VI storyline, notwithstanding all of the books and the like which have been produced to continue the saga. Many of them may disavow any new material which contradicts their interpretations – or the books' descriptions – of the post-Endor events, although I believe some of them will be overjoyed at the release of a sequel trilogy.

The consensus in the official Star Wars fandom, however, is that movie canon takes precedence over TV, video games, or fan works. So, I trust that Episode VII will at least be logical in its portrayal of post-Endor events. I'm more or less neutral on the continuation of the series. It didn't bother me that there were only six episodes, but I'm fine with the saga going on as well. I concur with Easy Bakes about Harrison Ford likely not playing Han Solo in a movie taking place shortly after VI, but I don't see why he couldn't play an older Solo if VII is far enough into the future after VI.

I don't think any of the original actors particularity want to reprise their roles.

The events depicted in the books following Endor are licensed Star Wars products so i would think they establish

the time line of events they would have to follow.but there a long time line there, if i recall about 30 years till the

The Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

• Original Poster
  • Well, I am completely out of touch with the putative sequels, so I hope to be delightfully surprised.

Some were good others not so good.

depending on the writer.

It would be interesting if they followed the books, but if they do/do not would not be an issue with me as there are so many novels out there set across all different periods I wouldnt know where to begin. Im aware of the Yuuzhan Vong but I don't really know what theyre about in the expanded StarWars lol. I did enjoy the Jedi triology by KIevin J. Anderson but except for the first Boba Fett story thats all I have read.

I Just hope Disney pull some magic on it because they are going to have a hord of crazy angry Star Wars fans after them if they fail lol.

Edited by lew1984  

Sounds very much like the Dominion in Star Trek with some biological features added. Instead of shape shifters, mutants and constructs. Good place to kick in would be somewhere in the middle of the conflict, about 50 years after E VI. Still a long time ago in a galaxy very far away.

I might as well throw a couple of Simoleons into the ring here. Lucas isn't going away; he's staying on as a consultant or something from what I've heard. Since some fans may be tired of the same six films being re-released over and over again, this will provide new material which may help some. I think the biggest problem here is that the die-hard Jedi out there have already developed their own post-Episode VI storyline, notwithstanding all of the books and the like which have been produced to continue the saga. Many of them may disavow any new material which contradicts their interpretations – or the books' descriptions – of the post-Endor events, although I believe some of them will be overjoyed at the release of a sequel trilogy.

I don't think any of the original actors particularity want to reprise their roles.

The events depicted in the books following Endor are licensed Star Wars products so i would think they establish

the time line of events they would have to follow.but there a long time line there, if i recall about 30 years till the

The Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Mark Hamill most definitely wants to do another SW film or two or three. From what I've read from the Disney press releases, E7 will be take place 30-50- years after Return Of The Jedi.

As for adapting the novels into film, everyone seems to be clamoring for the Zahn trilogy [though I'm not. I found that trilogy to be absolutely boring], but unfortunately for those fans, it will never happen because quite a few things in those books have been un-canonized by the Prequels and would take a massive re-write that would basically screw the story up. Same goes for a lot of the other novels in the SW universe.

Actually, I'd like to see a trilogy that doesn't involve Luke, Leia or Han...I'd rather see a story that takes place during the Golden Age of the Jedi Knights like those from the Darkhorse comics called Tales Of The Jedi. There was Nomi Sunrider, Ulic Qel Droma [who eventually fell to the darkside and became a Sith Lord] and his bother [can't remember his name] whose exploits took place thousands of years [the Jedi have been around for nearly 25k years if I remember my lore correctly] before the events in Phantom Menace.

All over the internet, people are still freaking out over this, I can see.

Over the last 20 years, Star Wars has been completely, utterly ruined. Not one single good thing Star Wars-related has come out during that time. The special editions were awful. All three prequels were all new levels of bad. The first Clone Wars cartoon series was alright, but the CGI stuff that came after really set the bar on the floor of Satan's wine cellar.

With Disney as owner, things can only go up. After all, they can't go down any more than they already are.

Disney has been making some darker films lately. With Walt gone, the Pollyanna themes are getting fewer and farther between.

In a new trilogy, there are two choices: the rebuilding of the republic; the vicissitudes of the republic after some five for ten decades.

Since the actors from the original trilogy have certainly aged out of the roles, I believe that it will be the later. Since we have a galactic empire (oops, republic), why not chuck all the post series writing and look to new writers who have read the Foundation Trilogy about how an empire falls, and rebuilds. No outside alien threat is needed. Just a few wild cards brought on by evolution. We are doing a screenplay here and not a novel.

Ya but this is the Disney Universe. Things can be easily changed to contradict everything you've seen or read in the Star Wars expanded universe.

...And you'll buy it. One of the ploys they use to make a buck :P

The New Republic didn’t last long in the SW universe. fell completely apart in less then 50 years.

What ever you may have accepted from the fiction crowd (Timothy Zahn?) is so much water boiled in the pot. Pot boilers are one thing, but the Disney company specializes in Boiling Water Reactors by comparison. Any 'truths' you may have will soon be overtaken by what ever they choose to use.

They'll make them into Disney movies:

YBXus2nH9EioeNo9eSx-gA2.jpg

They already did this... :)

====

Disney expects to more aggressively expand the Star Wars film schedule, Iger said in a statement. Following the release of Episode VII in 2015, "our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said.

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX, Iger said, would follow "probably on a cadence of every other year and then go from there. . . . The (first) film is in early stage development right now."

I am not a Star Wars fan but I have seen all 6 movies plus.......... ....Clone Wars (2008).

Instead of making 3 films why not make a TV war-drama series? Story telling will be better if you have 30~50 episodes (24 minutes each) instead of trying to compress many things into 2 hours.

I think the original actors are capable of resuming there original roles depending on the time scale we are talking about here... If episode VII is set as blade2k5 mentioned 30-50 years after VI, then I think it could work pretty well to have the original cast return. However if its set just a few years after then I have to agree with Nonny.