Sign in to follow this  
becomingjenn

SC4 from Orgin where to put Maxis Files

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Okay, I'm at a loss, I've been looking for two days and even had my husband try and help and we're both lost. We're trying to install some of the other items seen here: http://screwpile.wordpress.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/ but I'm not sure where to install them...not to mention, due to this program being on Origin, it seems that there are SC4 fliles all over the place, so my main question is which files to download them into. Do I use the "Plug-in" folder, or do I have to create another folder? Please help as I'm so very lost as to where these items will go.

I get where the maps should go...heck, I'm pretty good at understanding where mods should go on my Sims 3 stuff, but I'm not quite sure here. I've been having a lot of fun with this game, and I think I'm going to have even more fun...as I didn't know a lot of this was possible before. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

In the "Tools and Update" section ignore the first six files as they are separate to SimCity 4, download the "Transportation Update" and unzip, its an executable program so just double-click on it and it will installed the file to the correct location (people usually use the plugins folder in your Programs File Directory for Maxis files and the plugins folder in your My Documents Directory for user created files, but the plugins (files) will work in both locations, just remember that anything in your Program Files will load first).

The five files in the "Dependencies" section just download and put into your plugins folder (SimCity 4/Plugins/...)

Taking a quick look at what's in the "Lots" section you should just be able to download and either copy to your plugins folder or un-zip and copy to your plugins folder.

Hopefully that makes sense

-catty