Sign in to follow this  
sachizm

Grade separating trams and trains

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi

Interested in putting some trams in a new city I'm building but can't see a way to grade separate them from my train lines. I want the trams to be in avenues. Doesn't seem to be tram avenue under rail viaducts or tram in avenue bridges over rail. Is there any other puzzle pieces I cant see? I don't mind sinking or elevating the train lines to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

sach

Aren't there tram-in-avenue underpasses for rail lines? (I'm sorry, I haven't played the game for a long long time and don't know exactly where the NAM is at currently. However, I think I remember seeing these pieces).

On a more general note, it is always more realistic to keep rail lines more or less level and make other networks cross over/under them because rail is the least slope-tolerant means of transportation.

As you know, you can cycle through the puzzle pieces with the tab key. I know there are elevated rail over T-RAM and elevated heavy rail over T-RAM puzzle pieces in the latest version of the NAM. There are also tram in road/tram in avenue underpasses and tram in road/avenue to subway transitions on the STEX. What you could do is go from streetcar to a couple tiles of tram-in-road to a tram-in-road to subway transition, then back again on the other side.

In Zurich, GLR runs next to heavy rail, albeit not crossing. Try looking through all the puzzle pieces, and if that fails, make the RAIL go underneath it. I am CERTAIN there is a rail under tram-avenue piece, as I have used it before. There isn't a tram avenue under heavy rail or elevated tram-AVE piece, but you could build an avenue piece, and a tram piece...

• Original Poster
  • Cool, sounds like i have some options even though i was hoping for elevated tram in ave or tram in ave rail underpass. I do not want heavy rail to jump up and down for one or two crossing, its more realistic to keep it burried or elevated for large sections

Cheers

Cool, sounds like i have some options even though i was hoping for elevated tram in ave or tram in ave rail underpass.

Yeah, currently that option doesn't even exist yet, and there's no telling when it will be added.