Sign in to follow this  
lhrob

Can't get tiles to zone.

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Anyone have any ideas about why I can't get these particular tiles of land to zone? If you look at the snapshot I've posted, I highlighted a couple of tiles in a red box. I'm trying to zone the entire triangle for commercial development, and all the other tiles surrounding those red highlighted tiles show up blue with the arrows - but I can't for my life get these two other ones to fill in. I've tried bulldozing everything around it and dezoning, then rezoning - and I'm at a loss. Is it actually zoned, but just not showing up for whatever reason...or is something blocking it? I don't get it.

Will_not_zone.jpg

Try demolishing the road, but not the avenue, then zone the tiles. You could also do the opposite, demolish the avenue and not the road before zoning. When the zone is done, then rebuild the road (or the avenue). Other then that, I don't see any reason why the tiles would not zone.

i don't think the tiles are used by the roads. i think it's a bug.

demolish the roads and zone the area then rebuild the roads.

if that doesn't work try dezoning the adjacent area and zone it again by draing from dezoned tiles to the two tiles you wanted

• Original Poster
  • First, I should correct myself. I didn't mean to say "triangle". I meant that whole triangular shaped section of lots in between all the roads. But it doesn't matter anymore. I figured out how to fix it. After totally blasting everything out of that section of the city and dezoning it all, as well as removing power, water, and a subway line, it STILL would not zone for me. Then I conducted one final test by raising the land a little bit over that area. I then proceeded to try and lay out the commercial zones, and it finally filled in. I then flattened it back out and tried again, and the problem was solved. I don't know why that would have had anything to do with it, but apparently it did.

• Original Poster
  • Yes - I have the RHW Slope Mod. So that could have caused it...? I would think a slope mod wouldn't affect the ability to zone a couple of lots, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Original Poster
  • Yeah, I did try dezoning. I'm actually noticing it on some other areas I'm working on now, too. I think somehow it is tied in with my use of some FAR pieces, as well as some uneven terrain. I'm scratching my head a little bit to figure out why it should have anything at all to do with the terrain, because it's only a miniscule rise. It's not like I'm trying to zone a mountainside or anything. It's just a small bump of less than 2 meters. After I level it all out, and temporarily demolish the FAR pieces, the area fills in.

Some puzzle pieces lock the terrain all around themselves. Try levelling the terrain first with single road tiles. This should ensure everything on a single level.

I get the same thing sometimes... Not sure if it's related but let me explain...

A zone develops (can happen with anything)

I accidently plop a plaza on top of the house/shop/factory

The game then shows the plaza as well as the props left from the zone...???

I have to firstly demolish the plaza

Dezone the tiles with the props

Rezone the whole thing as it was before i plopped plaza

Demolish the building

Dezone the whole thing.....

Sorry if this is confusing but I can't explain any other way