Sign in to follow this  
ReshiramLover

what is your favorite SC4 Terraformer tool to use on a map?

1 post in this topic Last Reply

I don't start too many discussions on here... so I will start one...

what is your favorite tool to use on a map in SC4 Terraformer...

myself, I just LOVE the equalize tool in SC4 Terraformer... I just love using it on photos I covert to grayscale and it totally smoothens the terrain...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bad Peanut
      Hey guys! so with the hint of a road modding tool in the next DLC arriving, and presuming it's something like Network Extensions let's discuss what roads would be cool to add!

I've looked at the source code of Network Extensions and I've looked at their textures etc so I want to make a start at creating textures for roads. for that i need suggestions! 
      Rules: 
      Use https://streetmix.net/new to visualise your road. I won't even consider ones that are just some random description For roads you want to zone on: use either 16m wide roads or 32m wide roads as those are the two widths that work with zoning. For highways you can use any width lanes for cars, trams, buses etc should be 3m in width. parking should be 2m wide sidewalks should be at least 2m wide (maybe 1.5m at the smallest) and this is for either side of the road, so at least 4m of sidewalk altogether! try and keep in mind that it's not about creating new types of prefabs like MOM, it's for reskinning like we do with Network Skins! Here's some examples of Vanilla Roads visualised in StreetMix
      a 16m Wide Basic Road:

And a 32m Wide Medium Road

You can click on the above links to be taken to a template in streetmix.
      Give me inspiration!
    • By boformer
      I would like to hear what you would like to see in the next paid expansion and in the next free update. Note that the paid expansion should only contain completely new mechanics, services and buildings, while the free update can also contain improvements for existing features (e.g. seasons, better simulation).
      Keep in mind that every paid expansion needs a main topic (like "After Dark" and "Snowfall"), but can also contain separated features like trams, bus roads etc.
      Pinging @Azurespecter to watch this
      So, here are my ideas:
      Paid "Water" Expansion (Price 6€)
      Draggable sea-walls and promenades: These networks would be created like roads, but could only be placed at coastlines. The walls alter the terrain and make the coastline look a lot nicer Draggable canals: These networks would work similar to sea-walls (and can be connected with them), and would be placed on flat terrain. There could be different types of canals, like larger ones for cargo ships and smaller ones for private boats, and more expensive canals for inner-city areas which raise the land value. The canals would be filled with "real" water that is simulated correctly. Roads can cross canals just like train tracks. Locks for canals: Would be used to connect canals with different water levels. In a way, these would work like dams. Different types of smaller harbours/moorings for canals and coastlines: These would be placed along canals and sea-walls just like you would attach a tram depot to a road. Each one would come with its own harbour basin. I can imagine different types: Marina (something better than the After Dark marina) and small private boats using the waterways Cargo Harbor for small cargo ships (for regional cargo distribution) Ferry Terminals (small pedestrian ferries and large car ferries) Shipbuilding Yards: A new industry type that can grow along canals and sea-walls Selectable Bridges: Like the bridge selection window of SC4, with support for modded bridges Tsunami Natural Disaster: This would be a bit more advanced than what you can currently do with mods. When the wave hits the land, it would destroy buildings and trees instead of just flooding them Paid "Industrial" Expansion (Price 6€)
      Realistic sized farm fields, pastures and plantations: These would not use zones. Instead of that, either something like the district brush or a filler tool would be used to zone the areas. Depending on the biome, there could be different types of crops, trees and animals. The areas would be cultivated by the current (zoned) agriculture buildings. Open-cast mines (based on the same system as realistic farms) for coal and ore Ploppable underground coal mines: These expensive buildings would be placed manually, with direct rail connection Ploppable Steelworks: Needs coal from coal mine (or global market) and ore from ore industry, with direct rail connection Off-shore oil drilling rigs: For oil fields in the ocean Warehouse Industry: This industry would decrease cargo traffic and increase industrial tax income One-way train tracks or dual-way single train tracks: Perfect for industrial and rural areas Classification yard for cargo trains Larger Industrial Growables: I think especially industry would benefit from larger zones. Paid "Downtown" Expansion (Price 6€)
      Random Events (sports, politics, festivals) adding new challenges to the game. Intersection Editor: You would click on an intersection to configure it. Would incorporate many features of current traffic mods, but also go further: Configure traffic lights & pedestrian crossings Extra turning lanes & restrict turning Intersections which do not break the median Priority signs Cul-de-sacs Mini roundabouts Merging lanes New Networks: Compact inner-city highway (with median, no sidewalk, no zoning, intersections never break median) Pedestrian Roads for your city centers, raising commercial attractivity Sunken network types for highways and train tracks (working like canals) Stacked Networks (e.g. train track on road). Ideally this would allow you to stack any networks Mixed Zones: commercial+residential and commercial+office Larger Residential, Commercial and Office Growables: Downtown needs this! Helicopters for police and medical services as well as tourists U-Drive mode with missions a la SC4 Complete Building Sets (Price 3-6€)
      Although the community is doing a great job, I would also like to see official building packs.
      These could be complete sets (growables, service buildings and landmarks), or just growable styles for certain zone types (with buildings for all levels).
      Free Patch
      Improved Zoning system: Maximum growable size increased to 8x8, zone depth increased to 8. Also add buttons to influence the zone depth of new roads. I demonstrated that deeper zones are possible. It would be easy for CO to add them in a way that does not break existing saves. I would also add a mechanic that accumulates similar buildings (right now cities look like a mess), and a mechanic that merges or splits lots on upgrade. Parallel Network Tool More Statistics and Data Maps Better support for maps consisting of multiple smaller towns (Service AI) Improved Asset Editor & Modding API Optimized asset loading & memory usage Better control which workshop assets, styles and vanilla buildings are loaded (per savegame) I would like to see the following mods integrated into the game:
      Fine Road Heights Rush Hour Sharp Junction Angles Crossings Precision Engineering Some parts of Traffic++ and Traffic Manager (see "Downtown") Some parts of Improved Public Transport (Vehicle selection) Road Namer Custom Sound Pack Support (Ambient Sounds Tuner) Road Texture Pack support (like American Roads, Roads United) - we can now add our own roads with the network editor
    • By Jonathan Irons
      Far Cry 4
      A Game where you play Ajay Ghale who is son of the Ishwara Ghale that wanted her ashes to be scarred to the her own country
      Kyrat
      A Place in Himalayas
      Natural Resources Depleted
      A Place where ONLY opium can be harvested  (Can someone find me an biologian or an scientist farmer that can tell me about this ? Is it possible to grow vegetables in places that can support opium production ?)
      OK Lets start (I Am "Born In 14/12/2002 and that's my view on Kyrat politics)
      Dictators (And wannabe dictators) Of Kyrat
      Pagan
      A Psycopath that kills golden path people because their leader killed his daughter
      Amita
      A Revolutionist that wants to save the future of Kyrat by making children work in opium fields
      Sabal
      A Traditionalist that believes Kyrat mythology (Religion of Kyrat people totally made up) and Mohan Ghale's (That child killer)  ideas about not selling drugs and doing sex with Tarun Matara (Worst of all, The current Tarun Matara is a 14 year old girl)
      Their Objectives
      Pagan wants to rule Kyrat like a Tropico or a SimCity player and killing soldiers of the rebel organization which their ex-leader killed his daughter named Lakshmana 
      Amita wants to save people from starving by making childs work in drug fields so they can get cash to fill their mouths while their fathers and mothers are killing remaining "Royal Army Holdouts" that wants to kill the Kyrat people ("I am sacrificing our liberties for peace later") 
      Sabal wants to rule the country in that "religion" and letting people starve because selling drugs are a bad thing ALSO he wants to have sex with Tarun Matara
      After Credits Scenes
      These Happen If you didn't enjoyed crab rangoon in the beginning and escaped
      In the beginning, If you wait 15 Mins you get accompanied by Pagan and he tells us how "Mohan Ghale" killed his own daughter and step sister of Ajay Ghale
      Pagan
      404 Not Found, If you let him get away and tells you the truth in exact same "crab rangoon" aftermath and gives you his crown and flees the country with his Blackhawk (Does anybody know how to find these on black market ?) yelling "I gave you the Kyrat but Heli is mine !"
      Amita
      Forced labour scene where children are forced to get employed in drug fields and she tells us "Bhadra Is not coming back" (After that, a location in the river titled "Tarun Matara's sleep" appears in the map
      Sabal
      He cuts throats of the "people sided with Amita and butchered their brothers and sisters" front of the Tarun Matara. Also he tells us Bhadra is Tarun Matara now
      After After credits sequences I made up
      Pagan
      He simply calls us about how he runs this country and does some "Step father and step son" talking (A step father that loves his adopted son ?)
      Amita
      Country isn't an Utopia but nobody is starving thanks to the Opium exports
      Sabal
      He fails
      Since Opium isn't harvested, People are very poor
      Conclusion
      OK
      Pagan wants to get revenge on Golden Path people
      Amita wants to improve her country at all costs
      Sabal just wants to sex with the Tarun Matara and "that made up religion" alive
      The problem is
      No matter what, Bhadra will have bad time
      So my idea
      Side with Pagan and teach him Islam so he can be an better person and save Kyrat with him
      Boring huh ?
      Lets say I was an moron atheist and didn't know anything about REAL religions also I didn't experienced "Crab Rangoon" ending
      At the end, I would
      Make sure Bhadra survives
      Side with Amita and save the country from starving by making children grow opium and feed their mouths when their parents work as soldiers that kills the "Royal Army Holdouts"
      Spare Sabal He didn't do anything wrong
      Spare Pagan Yes he killed people but I somehow want to save him (I Choose who to survive and who to kill)
      I Dont know why I wrote this note but this was playing (I Want mature games with mature stories like Fallout 1/2/3 and GTA 4. but sadly ALL of the modern game industry (With some exceptions like Far Cry) are made for 9 year olds that doesn't care about story
      These are my ideas
    • By Bad Peanut
      So what with the Environmental DLC coming up I thought I'd voice a mod Idea that I've had for a while - unfortunately I don't have any time to test its feasibility or its success but if anyone thinks they could do it, I think it would be quite interesting!

A percentage of people make it known that the end game for CS gets a little quiet once you reach a certain point of development, and their lack of wanting to make changes to their city without being forced to is probably a part of that. 
      ND addressed this by giving people the ability to lay waste to their cities and need to rebuild. My idea falls in the same line but a bit more gradual and not necessarily as dramatic.
      The Idea: Rising Sea Levels. 
      In the game we have 2 types of water controls, we have sea level and we have water spawners.
      The sea level has a set value that it fills to. This would be the value that the mod would control. this wouldn't affect spawners so rivers and waterfalls would still act as normal. How it would work:
      after a set number of years the city i played, for instance 50 years. The mod starts slowly adding a configurable integer to the sea levels value.  this integer could be controlled by either player controlled options panel - the player would set how much high the level rises per period of water rising a formula based on the amount of non renewable resources are mined/used in power stations. (more CPU heavy I suppose) Then another set number of years could mark a periodic rise in the sea levels. So every 5 years after the first 50 years the sea level could rise by 0.2m(example). the mod could even add a hard limit so the water wouldn't raise above a certain point (maybe randomly generated so the player can't plan ahead and just build above the final sea level) The desired effect of the mod would be to slowly increase the sea level of the map over a long stretch of time, enough time for the player to build up a vast city and then need to change the planning as the lower levels get flooded permanently as the sea levels rise. The player would hardly notice it as it slowly rose, but the gradual effect would become more and more pronounced as the levels rose and more buildings became flooded.
      various remedies the player could do to counteract these rising tides:
      demolish and rebuild on higher ground use dams/quays/seawalls to hold back the tide raise the terrain move water around using the water pumps and water outlets. probably a combination of the above or something i can't even think of Just thought it would be cool!
    • By MisterBlueStar4
      This is where we will discuss things about Arden County.