Sign in to follow this  
shungodai

searching for the player made cities?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

hello everyone.. i m new in 'sc4 deluxe edition' so i ve some questions..

is it possible to find any living city to download that sc4 players has made? for making them neighborhood cities for my own city. for trade or etc... and if it is possible how can install it to my sc4?

i m not american nor english so i couldn't understand the abbreviations you are using in this site. for example: BAT? LOT? PROP? MODD? STEX? SPAM? what are these meanings? if you explain these i would be very glad.

thank you very much.

Welcome to Simtropolis.

First off, Player made cities are prohibited from trading in the STEX because of different downloads used. I don't know the specifics, but you can ask an admin.

And here are the abbriviations:

BAT = Building Architect Tool: Usually is a player made model such as a building.

LOT = Lot. The area a BAT is placed. For example, a house can be put on a 1x1 or 1x2 lot or larger.

PROP= a rendered item similar to BAT, but can be placed around a lot.

Modd = Modification: It usually changes the game a bit. For example, a new ordinance or a total conversion like the Sim Mars.

STEX = Simtropolis Exchange: This website's one and only exchange. You can get BATS, Props, Mods, and maps (but not player made cities).

SPAM = SimPeg Agricultural Mod: This adds new farms and such. (On an unrelated note also means "Spiced Ham" :D)

Here are a few others you may want to know:

NAM = Network Addon Mod: This adds new transport related things like new types of roads and highways. It also changes the game's transportation a bit too.R

RHW = Real (or Rural) Highway: Adds new types of Highways, the current largest is the RWH 10, a 5 lane highway.)

SAM = Street Addon Mod: It's a puzzlepice that changes the street's texture. Like brick or something.

Is there anything else I am missing? Well if you have any questions, just ask. Once again welcome, and have an awesome time here at Simtropolis.

STEX - Simtropolis Exchange http://community.sim...olis.com/files/

LEX - BSC Lot Exchange http://sc4devotion.c...lex/fr_main.htm

PLEX - SimPeg Exchange http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php

BAT - Building Architect Tool, tool used to create a custom lot

LOT - building (custom or default) than can be plopped

PLOP - to place a building within the game

MOD - program that alters gameplay and or can reference a custom building or vehicle

PROP - extraneous feature (trees, grass, shrubbery, cars, etc.) that are typically non-ploppable and are used to enhance a LOT

NAM - Network Addon MOD, mod used to fix pathfinding for commute times and basic transportation networks

CAM - Colossus Addon MOD, mod used to have larger capacity buildings

SPAM - SimPeg Agricultural MOD, mod used to enhance farming

Dark Nite - mod used to make the default night setting more realistic

Tru Nite - see Dark Nite

Automata - vehicles or sims

SC4 - SimCity 4

SC2K13 - Simcity 2013, reference to the new SimCity game being released in 2013

SC5 - see SC2K13

SC4T - SC4 Terraformer, tool used to terraform entire regions at once vs. one city tile at a time

SC4M - file format for SC4T

SC4 - file format for city tiles

config -BMP file used to set region size

BMP - file format for the config file

Plugins - reference to the folder where mods are located in the documents folder C:\Users\your name\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins

Dependency - ancillary mod (usually for custom buildings, automata or maps) usually required fora mod to function or to enhance it's appearance (props)

CJ - City Journal, reference to journals/blogs detailing a player's city/region

Lot Editor - tool used to alter a pre-existing lot

Render - process used to create a custom map typically consisting of an 8 bit greyscale jpeg image and a config file

MMP - Mayor Mode Ploppable, lot or prop that can be plopped in the mayor mode menu located in the game

DAT - file extension used in mods (i.e. place *.dat file in your plugins folder)

W2W - wall to wall, descriptor used to describe lots that are meant to be placed side by side with attention to detail to the front and back of the building but not the sides since they will be covered by adjacent buildings

OFMN.dat - One Flag Many Nations, dat file used mainly as a dependency for some lots to display a flag on a lot, typically American or Canadian flags but will display the appropriate flag in the game depending on the game's origin and version

Brown Box/Cardboard Box - result of a custom lot missing a dependency to function properly thus showing a brown box or cardboard box where the building is supposed to exist

UDI - UDriveIt, vehicle capable of being operated by the player

Edited by chimeran  

• Original Poster
  • thank you 'FERRARIGUY 1000' and 'CHIMERAN' for your kindly answers. very much appreciated. now i can surf the site easily. i wish the site could give permission for exchanging the cities, i m sure it would add vitality to the game.

see ya..