Sign in to follow this  
Nirwanda

Twin Towered Empire State?

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Hey Guys,

The Empire State building has to be one of my favourite buildings ever, and ever since I was a primary schooler playing SC4 I would plop it in my cities when they got large enough- whether my budget could support it or not.

But the concept of twin towers is also another one of my favourite building concepts (?)

So to cut to the chase, I was wondering if anyone could make a Empire State building that combined the two? So have the majority of the building's column (?) duplicated and joined to another at the base. Lot size isn't an important factor so if that needs to be increased its no problem, and functionality is the same deal, I don't care if it is a landmark or not.

Ive attached a sketch to help, if I wasn't coherent enough.

And if it could be made to be able to run on a mac with as little dependancies as possible, that would awesome.

I know people are busy here making BATs but if someone gets the time this would be awesome.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read this~

post-475240-0-04853700-1347167961_thumb.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By hugues aroux
      Hello !
      I hope this time to be in the right place ! So ...
      The project "Scoty Modular Airport" (SMA) aims to divide an airport into more or less large Lots typical and varied (common to all airports), to build them in a few clicks and a minimum of preparation, like a little puzzle, from which we could choose some of the pieces and their locations.
      This is not a question of competing with RMIP and ACTeam ..., who have done a great job, but rather to extend their creations and facilitate the "assembly" of airport.
      For this project a little (!) ambitious for one person, I need the help of seasoned BATers, for a number of Building/Props needed.
      I set up this site: http://hugaroux.free.fr/ dedicated to this project, where I explain, enumerate - as and when my thoughts - all the needs, the preparations and the progress Lots.
      Many thanks in advance to all those who want to help this project.
    • By mattb325
      Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
      This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
      The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
      This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
      While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
      The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
      To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
      The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
      Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
      All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
      The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
      STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
      Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
      Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
      * Dayopeace.dat
      N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
      Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By Wheezy
      Excuse the sardonic title.
      My goal is to be able to take a city block I've made in SC4, recreate it in Sketchup, then retexture it myself.  
      I could just do this using Sketchup's downloadable models, but since SC4's divided into a grid of 56-foot tiles, it makes an excellent layout tool.  So, whether it's Maxis's buildings or custom ones, I'm just looking for 3d models that fit the game's proportions.  I can use substitutes to fill in any gaps.
      However, I have no idea if it's even possible to view the game's original 3d assets, and even more vexing, it seems all the 3d files on the exchange are .max.  I've never had an .edu email and I'm not a professional CG artist, so I'll pass on the $3,700 program.
      So, in short, is there any way to find any in-game buildings as 3DS's, OBJ's, or any format readable by any non-Autodesk program?  Or is there any way to download files I could open in BAT itself, so I can at least get their proportions and rebuild them quicker?
      Thanks, everyone.
    • By ESP15
      75 Wall Street
      Built in 1987 and located within the Financial District neighborhood, 75 Wall Street is a luxury condominium building that was converted from office space in 2008. With 350 apartments sitting atop a 250 room hotel, residents of this building have access to all of the luxurious amenities that come with both apartment and hotel living.
      Additionally, 75 Wall Street offers residents a chance to live in one of New York City’s fastest growing neighborhoods. With a population that has more than doubled in the past ten years, the Financial District has seen a boom of both tourism and commercial interest, making this area one of New York’s most mixed and eclectic neighborhoods.

Construido en 1987 y ubicado en el vecindario del Distrito Financiero, 75 Wall Street es un edificio de condominios de lujo que se convirtió en oficinas en 2008. Con 350 apartamentos en la parte superior de un hotel de 250 habitaciones, los residentes de este edificio tienen acceso a todas las comodidades de lujo que vienen con ambos apartamento y hotel viviendo.
      Además, 75 Wall Street ofrece a los residentes la oportunidad de vivir en uno de los barrios de más rápido crecimiento de la ciudad de Nueva York. Con una población que se ha más que duplicado en los últimos diez años, el Distrito Financiero ha experimentado un boom de interés tanto turístico como comercial, haciendo de esta área uno de los vecindarios más mixtos y eclécticos de Nueva York.

Landmark version.

ESP15
    • By ESP15
      The Socony-Mobil Building is a skyscraper at 150 East 42nd Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City that was built in 1956. The 42-story New York City Landmark building stands 572 feet (174 m) tall and is known for its exterior walls that are completely clad with stainless steel
      The building, designed by prominent New York architects Harrison & Abramovitz, was completed in 1956. Mobil Oil Corporation was the anchor tenant, occupying half of the building from 1956 to 1987. The company had their previous headquarters on 26 Broadway.
      In 2003 its facade was designated as a Landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, considered as "one of New York City's most striking skyscrapers". It was first skyscraper to have its exterior wall completely clad with stainless steel. When opened, it was also the largest air-conditioned building in the world.
      The building was acquired in April 2016 by real state investor David Werner for $900 million. It was previously owned by Hiro Real Estate Co., a Japanese investment firm., who put it on the market two years ago
      Landmark Version. 
      ESP15

El Socony-Mobil Building es un rascacielos en 150 East 42nd Street en Midtown Manhattan, Nueva York, que fue construido en 1956. El edificio de 42 pisos New York City Landmark mide 572 pies (174 m) de altura y es conocido por sus paredes exteriores que están completamente revestidos con acero inoxidable
      El edificio, diseñado por los prominentes arquitectos de Nueva York Harrison & Abramovitz, se completó en 1956. Mobil Oil Corporation fue el inquilino principal, ocupando la mitad del edificio desde 1956 hasta 1987. La compañía tenía su sede anterior en 26 Broadway.
      En 2003, su fachada fue designada como un punto de referencia por la Comisión de Preservación de Monumentos, considerada como "uno de los rascacielos más llamativos de la ciudad de Nueva York". Fue el primer rascacielos en tener su pared exterior completamente revestida de acero inoxidable. Cuando se abrió, también fue el edificio con aire acondicionado más grande del mundo.
      El edificio fue adquirido en abril de 2016 por el inversor inmobiliario David Werner por $ 900 millones. Anteriormente era propiedad de Hiro Real Estate Co., una empresa de inversión japonesa., Que lo lanzó al mercado hace dos años.
      Versión Landmark.
      ESP15