Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,764 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm very surprised a thread like this hasn't been made yet. I know SC4D has had one for the longest time... but nothing here at ST.

Anyways the guidelines are very simple. Post pics of stuff you're working on. Other memebers can provide pointers and whatnot if you're asking for help/opinions. Otherwise you're just posting content that is in the works/not quite finished.

For example, this is what I was working on today. Click images for full size.

t4t6k.jpg

Mlkaj.jpg

Still a lot of tinkering to do... Maybe I'll insert some rail curves as well.

Anyways you get the premise. Now show us what you're working on!

But you have your residential arrows facing the highway for two of the lots? Isn't the arrow side where they are meant to get their access?

Haljackey: Can you really zone on RHW highways, as you have in your picture?

No. Notice there's a side street that provides the actual access.

But you have your residential arrows facing the highway for two of the lots? Isn't the arrow side where they are meant to get their access?

it's not an highway but the NWM. And yes you can zone for it. ( as far as I know)

Edited by art128  

I'm always impressed as to how "natural" the TLA-7 looks when placed in an urban environment, despite it taking up 3 tiles. One might not have even noticed it had it not been for the noticeably-shorter two-tile avenue that intersects it.

• Original Poster
  • I'm always impressed as to how "natural" the TLA-7 looks when placed in an urban environment, despite it taking up 3 tiles. One might not have even noticed it had it not been for the noticeably-shorter two-tile avenue that intersects it.

Well the 3 tile road networks should look right at home in very dense and suburban settings. Even though they haven't been in the game until recently, they easily integrate themselves with the look and feel of our creations.

Some more stuff I'm working on. Click images for full size!

Intersection tweaking. Y U NO FIND COMMUTE ROUTE?

a8Tpp.jpg

Hey, Hundai!

0cSkK.jpg

6 lane avenue... sims don't know how to use it yet I think :P

64wug.jpg

Custom BATted, but not intended for release until I'm done with one of my projects. Sorry mate :[

AWWWW buzzkill! Looks great though great job on it :)

Brand new NYC I just started today. I found a map on the STEX that was released in May that had a lot of the surrounding area in it. I have always had a serious fascination with the area and have attempted to recreate several versions of it over my 9 years of playing. I downloaded the region today and began working on it (with some complication - Sims drive on the wrongs side of the road (morons) Anyway enough talk!

Here's a shot of the out of game work

photozbn.jpg

And a shot in game

newyork1346042399.png

The central area of my biggest and most important city, Sphinx.

I'm working on it for a few years now and I've completely destroyed it a couple of times as well.

It's still unfinished and I think my next move will be to thin out that skyscraper forest, but I don't know what to put there yet because I don't want endless repetition of 2x2 W2W buildings.

There are still a lot of open spaces and the historic downtown needs more life, like markets and sidewalk cafes.

workinprogresss.jpg