206 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I'm assuming that the first download still works?

Works for me. No problem here.

Great! Good to know I don't have to worry about that...the Google interface isn't too clumsy to use though, I hope.

Also glad to see we've reached 3 pages.

OK, now.

First of all, let me thank Biff for what he did, giving us the opportunity to download all this awesome music: thank you, Biff! :)

Second of all, I am proud to announce the:

SimCity 2000 Music ReTexture Mod (project)

or (as often in the community stuff gets shortened

:golly: ), the:

SC2KMRTM

^_^

What's it about?

I'm reconverting (and, sometimes, writing new parts for missing voices/instruments) all the 2K music into new "listenable" Mp3s, using better and professional instruments and a little of music geekness :D

For now it's jus a project, but I've managed to make a couple of songs so far and I want to offer you a preview.

Please, let me know what you think of the idea and if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism and... if it's worth it to go on :golly:

The song in this preview is the 1013.mid file (Biff, if you have the titles, please, can you post them?)

It's kind of a dreamy/moody Adagio, quite sloppy on the Tempo (but I guess this is how the author intended it to sound), which I updated:

1) giving the Synth Brass section to a Trombone solo

2) completing the String Orchestra with the missing Viola, Cello and Double Bass parts

3) giving the Piano part to a Harp

Please, let me know if you like it and... enjoy! :}

Here's the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14769988/1013.mp3

Hi biff, thank you for uploading all this stuf.

However, I was unable to download Part 1-2 containing the second half of the SimCity 4+Rush Hour music. MediaFire just gives me the Permission denied page.

Would it be possible to upload it somewhere else?

Sasa

• Original Poster
  • I'm working on it guys. Dunno why they'd do this. It should be on Google soon.

OK, now.

First of all, let me thank Biff for what he did, giving us the opportunity to download all this awesome music: thank you, Biff! :)

Second of all, I am proud to announce the:

SimCity 2000 Music ReTexture Mod (project)

or (as often in the community stuff gets shortened

:golly: ), the:

SC2KMRTM

^_^

What's it about?

I'm reconverting (and, sometimes, writing new parts for missing voices/instruments) all the 2K music into new "listenable" Mp3s, using better and professional instruments and a little of music geekness :D

For now it's jus a project, but I've managed to make a couple of songs so far and I want to offer you a preview.

Please, let me know what you think of the idea and if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism and... if it's worth it to go on :golly:

The song in this preview is the 1013.mid file (Biff, if you have the titles, please, can you post them?)

It's kind of a dreamy/moody Adagio, quite sloppy on the Tempo (but I guess this is how the author intended it to sound), which I updated:

1) giving the Synth Brass section to a Trombone solo

2) completing the String Orchestra with the missing Viola, Cello and Double Bass parts

3) giving the Piano part to a Harp

Please, let me know if you like it and... enjoy! :}

Here's the link:

You're quite welcome, and I like the remix. I'm afraid I don't have the titles for the PC MIDI versions, but the PS1 version music has appropriate titles. Iunno about using those, though. Good luck with the project!

EDIT: Re-uploaded Part 1-2 to Google Docs; it should work for the foreseeable future. It doesn't track download counts so I can't give monthly figures anymore (i don't think i need to do it that often now that the thread is stickied), but I did see that Part 2 (the SimCity 3000 Unlimited music) has over 700 downloads and is in the lead by far. Kudos chaps.

@ cromabianca - I like your rearrangement - very nicely done

@ biff - thanks for doing this, and for refusing to let random file removals get in the way of bringing music to the masses

• Original Poster
  • You're welcome, guys. I am not about to let copyright shonky business interfere with the music.

Cromabianca, feel free to post updates to your project in this thread if you wish. Then again, I'd be fine with you making your own thread (i know I'D subscribe).

If anyone's really interested...I have quite a collection of video game music, which I'm considering uploading some more of as long as it's not available for official download or purchase anywhere (such as Team Fortress 2 and the Tropico series, the latter of which is quite hard to amass I understand; I myself had to use a file extractor on one occasion), for the same reason I've put the SimCity music here: so that people can get awesome music easily. (and give me reputation huhuhuhuh) I've also put this collection over on the Accursed Farms forum (AF is the site of this guy who does mostly Half-Life machinima; pretty decent if you ask me); they've got a whole subforum dedicated to video game music and the uploading of it. Come to think of it, that's where I'm probably going to post the music (I've already done so multiple times). Only thing to do is get around to it...

And a shoutout to the diagonal is a lie thread if a goon is reading this; lurking is fun!

Hi, guys! :)

Sorry for not being present in the last few days, but I had several problems logging in!

Anyway, I'm back!! ;)

Thank you, Biff, for your encouragement and all of you for your support. I'm currently working on a few more tracks and I guess they're coming up pretty good! ;)

So I'll be posting soon.

I was thinking of not messing this thread up, so i will probably start a new one... I don't know, we'll see!

OK... back to work.

See you soon! ;)

Ok, new song!! :DDDD

This one' called Downtown Dance (you were right Biff: the PS1 versions have the right titles!)

It's a bluesy-funky-rocky-brassy tune with some solo parts (which, of course, I had to create from scratch) and a little of percussion to keep you rocking and rolling!! :D

Listen up... and enjoy!!! ;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14769988/10001.mp3

Very nice.  A really catchy little tune.  Well done.

That sounded like a live ensemble.  If so, tell them it was great.

• Original Poster
  • The remix was pretty good. And, dare I say, funky. If you're going to be remixing all of the SC2K music you might want to get your own thread. Don't worry, you can still post here and we can link to each others threads. All in the name of the music.

Just found this thread....THANK YOU! I have all the music from Simcity 3000, 3000UL, SC4, SC4:RH, and today SC5 but I've been missing the SimCity 2000 Soundtrack for a while now. I have the game installed but couldn't figure out how to extract the songs. Again thanks to biff!!!  :thumb:

Thanks, guys! :)

Yes, Biff, I'll definitely start a new thread soon, as soon as I'm done with the third track I'm working on.

Also, I want to make a better version of this "Downtown Dance" I just did, because the horns still sound cheesy... and I hate that! :D

See you soon! :)

• Original Poster
  • Thanks, guys! :)

Yes, Biff, I'll definitely start a new thread soon, as soon as I'm done with the third track I'm working on.

Also, I want to make a better version of this "Downtown Dance" I just did, because the horns still sound cheesy... and I hate that! :D

See you soon! :)

You've got my full support.

Anyway, Part 2 is still in the lead with 832 downloads, with Part 4 having 442 downloads and Part 3 having 586, still in last place. Can't say I blame the downloaders.

Oh, yes, and you're welcome wokisan. The plain MIDI files were included with the Windows 95 special edition (the best edition), in the Program Files directory. I've also heard that they released the SimCity reboot music, yes. I'm ambivalent about the game, and I haven't heard any of the songs yet but I'll have to get them and put them here eventually.

...a part of me idly wonders if I could win a Trixie for this.

Hi Biff. My name is Jeremy and I had the pleasure of downloading your music collection. Allow me to thank you for a job VERY well done. This is a very comprehensive collection and I have been looking for something like this for years. My only hope is that someday, we will have SC2K and Sim Copter. Those were great in their time and had great music. Once again, great job. I really appreciate it. Best regards, Jeremy

• Original Poster
  • Glad you like it, mister birdman.

@ crombianca, there are four more pieces of music in the PC SimCity 2000 than there are in the PS2 version. It's possible that some of them are alternate arrangements, though.

Glad you like it, mister birdman.

@ crombianca, there are four more pieces of music in the PC SimCity 2000 than there are in the PS2 version. It's possible that some of them are alternate arrangements, though.

Right you are, Biff!

Some of them are alternate arrangements, others are completely different songs (more like jingles, actually).

Anyways, I did a new version of Downtown Dance and I'm ready to launch my thread!

See you there!! :D :D :D :D

• Original Poster
  • Forward into the breach indeed.

Anyway, here's a list of the SimCity music NOT in this collection that I plan to include at some point in the future: the SimCity 3000 menu music (and the Unlimited menu music), the SimCity reboot music, the SimCopter and Streets of SimCity music. Contrary to what birdman seems to claim, there are four versions of the SC2K music in the collection, but no SimCopter/Streets of SimCity music.

I was tired when I posted that. I sincerely apologize, I saw them the next day when I fully went through it. Sorry about that. SC2K is there. Look forward to the Sim Copter tracks. Best regards, Jeremy

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to put this together for everyone. Saves me time trying to track down some of the 'rare' mp3s.

I heard that there were a few cut tracks from Rush Hour, but I haven't heard any of them.

Slightly off-topic: To me, most video game music only sounds good within the context of the game itself, but I could listen to Sim City music anywhere, especially 3 and 4.

I usually like to switch up my soundtrack based on city size/state/building style, though I keep it limited to instrumentals (guttural vocals and blast beasts don't really make for good city-building music...good city-destroying music, maybe...)

• Original Poster
  • Glad you like it, flast.

Anyway, I know I said that download updates weren't really necessary anymore because Google doesn't let me track some of them, but I figure the numbers for the parts still on MediaFire are still relevant: Part 2 has 1,042 downloads, Part 3 has 495 downloads and Part 4 has 928 downloads. That's well over 2,000 downloads! And that's not counting Parts 1-1 and 1-2 (the SimCity 4 Deluxe music), which I guesstimate to be at around 500 each. Potentially 3,000+ downloads. Thanks guys. Really, I mean it.

• Original Poster
  • ...whoah, Feburary MOTM! Now that is impressive. A hearty thanks to those who voted for me, and rest assured I'll keep this going for as long as I possibly can, which hopefully should be a long time. Next up,, sweeping the Trixies hohohoh

Anyway, when I said I might upload other game music (that you can't exactly go and buy on an album), I meant it. I already put the MIDI music for the old 688(I) Hunter-Killer submarine simulator over here for our mutual friend cromabianca to spin his magic with, and more may be forthcoming when I can get around to it, such as for Tropico. Now that stuff was a pain in the butt to find. Feel free to suggest stuff, but try not to hold your breath.

And despite how disappointed I am with the new SimCity (the gameplay is...passable, if more like SimTown than SimCity, but the real sin is EA and how they botched up one thing after another), I'll hopefully be able to track down the music sooner or later.

Ok, Biff. Now I am spinning it, tough that 688i music doesn't really need to be totally regenerated: it's very good already!

I've done a couple remixes so far... where do you want 'em? :) I can post them here, or I can PM you: either works for me! ;)

Good luck with your hunt for the New SC music: you have all our support! :D

• Original Poster
  • Ok, Biff. Now I am spinning it, tough that 688i music doesn't really need to be totally regenerated: it's very good already!

I've done a couple remixes so far... where do you want 'em? :) I can post them here, or I can PM you: either works for me! ;)

Good luck with your hunt for the New SC music: you have all our support! :D

I want you to make them publicly available, if at all possible. Feel free to post them here, on your thread or on, say, a 688(I) forum. I'll throw up a link in this thread wherever it is. As for the new music, it may take me a while to find all the needed tracks, make sure I have them all in a good quality, upload them and update the thread (although those last two are the easy part, and definitely easier than remixing the music itself). I'm normally quite strapped for time, but I guess I'll have to make some more.

Go, colleagues, you are doing a great and needed job.

It had to happen sooner or later. I had to spare others the trouble I went through to get this stuff.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, though: If you think the SimCity music was hard to find, Tropico's was a pain in the butt. I had to manually extract the first game's music with an ancient command-like program (and then got lucky when most of the titles were conveniently found on a fan forum's thread). I've got all the music from all the games now though. I'm in a bit of a quandary as whether to upload it all or not: Some of the music in Tropico 1, all of the music in Tropico 2 and (as I understand it) a little bit of the music in Tropico 3 and 4 were at one point or another commercially available, as in it was in an album you had to pay for. I'm not sure whether they still are; if they aren't being manufactured and sold by the original producer I'd definitely do it. I have no choice but to perform some research. Basically, I'm going to start working on this. Prepare for Latin salsa impact.