Sign in to follow this  
A Nonny Moose

Animal farm

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

This is one reason why I don't like 95% of the human race. Call me prejudist, racist or whatever you like, I am sure that most of humanity has no logical sense to be alive on this earth.

Just killing everything around you is the easy way to get rid of things, but not the responsable and logical one.

They should have tried hard to capture them first before taking it to the last solution and just murder these animals, what this actually is.

Real nonsense, and somehow it doesn't surprise me, because authorities just don't give a damn.

I myself am a hunter, but in a respective way to nature, laws and most of all, the hunted.

The responsables for this should be severly punished. That's my opinion.

Edited by Blueball  

Thompson has been warned repeatedly over the last decade to get his animals under control – and no less than 30 times in the past year. He was arrested in April of 2005 for cruelty and torture of cattle and bison he had on his property, according to the website pet-abuse.com.

30 times? and please explain why the animals not taken from him after say 3 warnings in a year? :angry:

Holy moly,18 Bengal tigers? how does a private citizen come to own that many endangered tigers?

I'm sure there are zoos all over the country that would have been ecstatic to have taken them in after takeing them away from this idiot.

I agree, they should have been taken away from this fool.

And why didn't the sheriffs just tranquilize the animals??? It seems that police and sheriffs will do anything to use their guns. A few months ago, a police officer in Calgary was chasing a man suspected of a crime. The man ran into his garage and approached the cop with a drill. So what did the officer do? He shot the guy 4 times, which IMHO is completely unnecessary.

1. This is horrible.

2. That crazy man should have been arrested and his animals taken away from him years ago.

3. I am surprised how ineffective tranquilizers are.

4. This is further proof that the world is seriously messed up.

You've got large predators in an area that doesn't get them, which are probably distressed. Your average local sheriffs department probably doesn't have the facility to stun them in a timely manner. The incident should never have happened, but i can't see how it could have been practically handled better.

Edited by sneakeypete  

• Original Poster
  • The (failed?) state of Ohio should get going on its keeping wild animals legislation. The news reports up here say this is the most lax state in this regard. Even in Texas it is illegal to have wild or farm animals in cities as pets. My overall grade for the public trustees of this incident is: