Sign in to follow this  
hiddentemple

rail issues (involving rr curves)

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I was trying to complete a railroad network. I was using mostly the curved/orthogonal/FAR railroad puzzle pieces included with the NAM (but mostly curve pieces). I completed the lot of my network that I wanted, but when I got to the third city this all came through, the rail was missing (save for curves and diagonals). Whenever I tried to replace them, it crashed to the desktop.

Exception report:

Exception time: 10/09/2011, at 11:15:43.

Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Current thread ID: 1100 (0x0000044c).

Version information:

Application/module path: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe

Application/module version name: SimCity 4

Application/module version: 1.1.638.0

System version: Windows NT 6.1

System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 968 Megabytes free.

Exception module: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe.

Exception address: 0x0096d918. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x00566918.

Registers

EAX: 00000000

EBX: 0267ab8c

ECX: 00000428

EDX: 0000044c

ESI: 0267ab3c

EDI: 08a8e414

CS:EIP: 001b:0096d918

SS:ESP: 0023:0012f3e0 EBP:0012f3e4

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000

Flags: 00210246

UPDATE: Tried at least playing it today, and I get this exception report:

Exception time: 10/10/2011, at 18:04:05.

Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Current thread ID: 10940 (0x00002abc).

Version information:

Application/module path: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe

Application/module version name: SimCity 4

Application/module version: 1.1.638.0

System version: Windows NT 6.1

System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 936 Megabytes free.

Exception module: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe.

Exception address: 0x0096d918. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x00566918.

Registers

EAX: 00000000

EBX: 00d7ab3c

ECX: 00000850

EDX: 00002abc

ESI: 00d7ab3c

EDI: 08bbe414

CS:EIP: 001b:0096d918

SS:ESP: 0023:0012f8cc EBP:0012f8d0

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000

Flags: 00210246

Edited by hiddentemple  

I was trying to complete a railroad network. I was using mostly the curved/orthogonal/FAR railroad puzzle pieces included with the NAM (but mostly curve pieces). I completed the lot of my network that I wanted, but when I got to the third city this all came through, the rail was missing (save for curves and diagonals).

A little confused by what you are describing here... Are you saying that you had all ready placed rail tracks in different cities but they stopped appearing in one? Or are the pieces not appearing in the menus?

Whenever I tried to replace them, it crashed to the desktop.

How were you replacing them? Did you try to delete the existing sections that weren't appearing? Or is this not what you meant?

Perhaps posting a picture of what is showing and what you are trying might help. Just a thought...

• Original Poster
  • In the first instance, all straight sections of track were gone (couldn't be seen on the map). I tried using a bulldozer to see if that would work, but that crashed it to the desktop. In the second instance, the rail has returned, but after only moving the mouse a few times, it crashed again. If you read the exception reports that resulted, that should have given you a clue...

To the everyday member, an exception reports tells very little useful information about what caused the crash that produced it - only a bit of information about the computer and the game version being played. It doesn't tell us what you were trying when the crash occurred.

Normally, when items that had previously appeared are no longer appearing, it means changes were made to the items in the Plugins folder. Have you made any changes - additions or deletions - lately? That or some incompatibility between the game and the system you have. Have you been able to do the same things in previous attempts while playing?

• Original Poster
  • I'll try and play the city that's been having the issues with rail, and I'll be right back with you.

UPDATE: The problems seem to have fixed themselves, however I am careful not to do anything which might trigger a CTD. I am in the habit of frequently using CTRL + S (the internal save) whenever I do something that I don't want to have to lose. Thanks for the advice

Now that the problem is resolved, I am going to retire to bed (as I have to go to school in the morning, as much as I hate to :yawn:), and also get through the last of the proposals put forward by members of the ongoing USA:IRC conference. I definitely want to find out about the jobs plan the southern U.S. states want to put forward! :D

TTYL!

Edited by hiddentemple