Sign in to follow this  

DAB_Patching: Modern Rail Station

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

This is the official support and development thread for the DAB_Patched Modern Rail Station, starting with Version 2. This train station can be found on the STEX here, and is based upon the excellent station by Xyloxadoria (which is, coincidentally, a dependency for this update!). Use this thread to discuss any issues with the station (any version), as well as feature requests, suggestions and any particular comments you may have.

Modern Rail Station - Version 2.1:
Download it now!

Modern Rail Station (Version 1 - Original, by Xyloxadoria)

Version History:

1.0: (Original by Xyloxadoria) - first version, dependency for DAB_Patched versions

2.0: First DAB_Patch; compatible with SC4 for Mac (transit bug fixed). Includes bonus "terminus" version, reduces jobs from 20 to 8, increases capacity to 7000, and removes car access (there isn't a car park on the site, so try using a P+R facility/car park instead).
2.1: Removed the extravagant 'packaging', naming bug fixed (see further down), capacity raised to 50,000 to meet RTMT suggestions (see this thread for further information), monthly maintenance cost increased to §20

Lot Statistics (as of V2.1):

Lot Size: 6x2 tiles (tracks come in to the right of the arrow in the terminus version)
Plop Cost: §150
Monthly Cost: §20
Demolition Cost: §100
Capacity: 50,000
C§ Jobs: 6
C§§ Jobs: 2

Known bugs:

• When you change the name of a station in the query box, it affects all other constructed stations, and the menu icon. For now, use the label/sign tool to get around this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please could they help me? Fixed with V2.1!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: The station won't appear in-game!
A: Make sure that you have also downloaded the original Modern Rail Station, as this is required. The ZIP files that you have downloaded need to be uncompressed. Opening them is usually enough. Then, move the folders that appear into your respective plugin folders. Refer to the included ReadMe for more detail on this.

Q: Only the original Modern Rail Station appears!
A: Check that the DAB_City Patch folder has the "z" prefix, as this needs to load after the original. If the in-game description for the menu item for the original station has the code "MRS-V2.1", and the terminus version has the code "MRT-V2.1", then you have installed this correctly.

Q: There's only a massive brown box when I plop the station!
A: Make sure that you have downloaded the original (see above for the link). Also check that the DAB_City Patch folder has the "z" prefix, as this needs to load after the original.

If you have any other questions, please PM me and I will be happy to help.

Ideas for future versions, however unlikely:

• Fixing bugs listed above!
• Integrating the U-Drive-It U-Turn Rail Stopper into the terminus version (I can't find it right now, so if anyone else could remind me of the link, then that would be good).
• Extending the platform and/or integrating buffer stops along the left of the terminus station, where the track ends.
• Adding an optional plaza, with an underground parking ramp and bus stop.
• DAMNing the menu items?

If you have any comments, queries or constructive criticism, please let me know by commenting, rating or messaging me. Thank you.
Check out what's left of The Timbuktu Region Diary to see examples of how you can use these stations in your cities. Further images are also available through my ImageShack album...

Slideshow Mode
View Album

DAB_City, 2012
With thanks to Xyloxadoria

Edited by DAB_City