• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
jstrom08

Windows 7 Issues

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

CPU STATS:

WINDOWS 7 32bit

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26 Ghz

Memory 2048MB RAM

2833MB Page file available

DIRECT X 11

ASUS AH3650 Series Graphics Card

THE PROBLEM:

Loaded SIM CITY 4 DELUXE TO MY CPU. I get to the screen where you chose your city. I click on it, start a new city then it crashes and closes as soon as it loads the new city. Any help here on this. This is my all time fav game and I hate I can not get it to work in Windows 7.

I have tried Capability Mode and no luck

JSTROM <><

Edited by jstrom08  

It doesn't sound like a problem with Windows. Can you please post the first 20 lines only of your latest exception report? Also, is this a new computer, or have you played SC4 on Windows 7 before?

• Original Poster
  • It doesn't sound like a problem with Windows. Can you please post the first 20 lines only of your latest exception report? Also, is this a new computer, or have you played SC4 on Windows 7 before?

I had it on my XP, but it crashed so I had to rebuild and go with Windows 7. So in a nut shell this is a new machine....any suggestions

• Original Poster
  • Well to figure out the problem, you have to post the first 20 lines of your latest exception report. It usually contains helpful information.

Here is the first 20 lines:

Exception time: 09/25/2011, at 19:10:29.

Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Current thread ID: 3884 (0x00000f2c).

Version information:

Application/module path: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe

Application/module version name: SimCity 4

Application/module version: 1.1.640.0

System version: Windows NT 6.1

System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 1168 Megabytes free.

Exception module: C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe.

Exception address: 0x0075898b. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x0035198b.

Registers

EAX: 0ec640d4

EBX: 00000000

ECX: 00000000

EDX: 00ad1f3c

ESI: 00b4cbb8

EDI: 00001020

CS:EIP: 001b:0075898b

SS:ESP: 0023:0012fa90 EBP:00001830

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000

Flags: 00210246

SimCity Exception Report 2011.09.25 19.10.29.txt

Only Plugins that i used when I worked with XP

Two things:

Rename your Plugins folder to Plugins.old and start the game. If you can now select your city, regardless of brown boxes, without a crash, then you are having plugins conflicts. Put your plugins back to normal.

Try adding -CPUCount:1 to your command line in your shortcut. Remember that all options have a single space before the hyphen.

And one more question. Do you have a 16:9 screen on your new machine? If so, also add:

-CustomResolution:enabled -r:x,y,32

to your line where x and y are your screen width and height.

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

• Original Poster
  • I do have a 16:9 Resolution...what should I put for x & y

Two things:

Rename your Plugins folder to Plugins.old and start the game. If you can now select your city, regardless of brown boxes, without a crash, then you are having plugins conflicts. Put your plugins back to normal.

Try adding -CPUCount:1 to your command line in your shortcut. Remember that all options have a single space before the hyphen.

And one more question. Do you have a 16:9 screen on your new machine? If so, also add:

• Original Poster
  • Ok so I reinstalled the game without plugins, repatched the game, and followed your advice. I still get a crash every time I Start a new city or an old one....it is like its trying to load it, then boom crash. I am using the same hardware that I had on my XP machine, this time a new hard drive and Windows 7. So I know my GFX card is not the issue...but something is causing this game to crash

I do have a 16:9 Resolution...what should I put for x & y

Two things: