Sign in to follow this  
Ally1984

My sims are running amuck

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

my sims are running amuck, like running into traffic and just all over the place is there any way to make them use the side walk, and also too many of my sims are driving I have a university and apartment housing two tiles over and bus stops and yet they still drive

Edited by CaptCity  

Thread moved.

my sims are running amuck, like running into traffic and just all over the place is there any way to make them use the side walk, and also too many of my sims are driving I have a university and apartment housing two tiles over and bus stops and yet they still drive

Welcome to Simtropolis.

I think your post is irrelevant to this thread, and you should have started a new topic. I suggest you do so, and put in more information like:

What version of the game you are running?

What machine you have, cpu, gpu, ram, virual space (swap space)?

Is your game updated with the official patch(es) or whether you downloaded the game from an official seller:

What is the population of your city?

And it would be nice if you added a snapshot of your city to your post.

EDIT: Some nice moderator has agreed with me and moved this to a new thread. We still need the answers to these questions.

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

• Original Poster
  • i'm sorry i read the rules before posting, I was just hoping that other people had the same issue when playing rush hour on a macbook 2009 model. I'm sorry if it was irrelevant although i did suggest a mod so I'm not quite sure on why it is not relevant

He didn't say your post wsa irrelevant, he said it's not related with this topic's content and u should ahve created a nwe topic.

And about your problem, itt depends of the population of your city. If it´s too small, they will mostly use cars. As your city grows, buses and other public transportations will be used more frequently.

And about your problem, itt depends of the population of your city. If it´s too small, they will mostly use cars. As your city grows, buses and other public transportations will be used more frequently.

This is not how the traffic simulator works. The biggest factors that determine whether or not Sims drive is their wealth level, the availability of mass transit, its layout, and the number of stops on the various lines. The size of the city does not play a role here.

Welcome to Simtropolis.

I think your post is irrelevant to this thread, and you should have started a new topic. I suggest you do so, and put in more information like:

What version of the game you are running?

What machine you have, cpu, gpu, ram, virual space (swap space)?

Is your game updated with the official patch(es) or whether you downloaded the game from an official seller:

What is the population of your city?

And it would be nice if you added a snapshot of your city to your post.

EDIT: Some nice moderator has agreed with me and moved this to a new thread. We still need the answers to these questions.

The little Sims you see running around are really just animated props. Usually they come from placing parks and plazas (though the game does display them using sidewalks when the traffic simulator is concerning pedestrian traffic), the prop is programed to animate usually in a circle. It doesnt not care where it animates, it just has a certain radius. You'll see Sims walking into the street, through buildings, etc. It never really bothered me.

As for the Sims driving instead of walking, the game can be finicky with this. Like the others said, use of mass transit depends on largely on wealth level and how far away the stations are. Some sims will drive if the station is two tiles away, some will walk 20 tiles to get to the station.

As for the Sims driving instead of walking, the game can be finicky with this. Like the others said, use of mass transit depends on largely on wealth level and how far away the stations are. Some sims will drive if the station is two tiles away, some will walk 20 tiles to get to the station.

The game actually isn't being finicky here. Sims will walk 20 tiles only if you're using the NAM traffic simulator. With that simulator, they always take the fastest route (at least for the morning commute). If the Sims are walking 20 tiles, it's because they're walking to a rapid transit station (or a bus that takes them to a rapid transit station), and their overall trip is still shorter than if they drove.

The game actually isn't being finicky here. Sims will walk 20 tiles only if you're using the NAM traffic simulator. With that simulator, they always take the fastest route (at least for the morning commute). If the Sims are walking 20 tiles, it's because they're walking to a rapid transit station (or a bus that takes them to a rapid transit station), and their overall trip is still shorter than if they drove.

I do have NAM. Can't imagine how I played SC4 without it!