Zelgadis

OMG! My doll has finally arrived! I'm so excited!

457 posts in this topic Last Reply

Okay, let the box opening begin!

Yay, box arrived!

rhbox.jpg

Time to start opening! And... It's another box! Yay! 9.gif

rhdodbox.jpg

Let's pull the lid off of this one. Oo, the clothes are on top. 1.gif

rhopenbox.jpg

Let's see what's under the clothes then, shall we? Ooo, pillows.

I wonder what's in the pillow sandwich. 9.gif

rhpillows.jpg

Okay, this is it. He's between the pillows for sure! Let's just untie these ribbons and... OH MAH LAWD! HE'S NEKKID IN THERE! EVERYONE, AVERT YOUR EYES! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING SO DEPRAVED IN MAH LIFE!!!!!

censored.gif

*Technical difficulties.  Please stand by...  Further pictures of the actual doll will commence once Zelgadis has been revived.*

ISF 

this made me laugh starting with the "pees everywhere" part I could not containmyself for imagining the site of the "pees everywhere" and then the censored thing really made me ROFL, nice box in came in too!

• Original Poster
  • *Is revived.*

Waa!  Put some underwear on!

rhundies.jpg

That's better.  9.gif

Everyone, meet Rhoskel.  1.gif

Okay, I'm no photographer in even the slightest sense of the word.  Doing my best here.  The flash makes his eyes look funny sometimes, but really, he's actually quite normal.  1.gif

rhhatwopendant.jpg

rhhatpendant.jpg

rhhatupangle.jpg

rhldplayer.jpg

rhchair.jpg

ISF

• Original Poster
  • @Easy Brakes:  He's a Luke V2 from the Dream of Idol line.  

@Duke87:  He is a big boy indeed.  70cm.  9.gif  Also, high five for the Spaceballs reference.  9.gif

ISF

"It's not a doll!! It's an action figure!!" Doesn't seem like it'd work you. Although I HIGHLY doubt you'd care. 3.gif

FINE! It's MSN! 

Awright, Ian.  How many dolls do you have in your collection?  From the photos we can see a few.

It is not that many years ago that anatomically correct dolls were very hard to get.  I hope you get him housebroken (potty trained?) soon.

Oh, so that's what you wanted to show me last night on MSN before I had to run off 3.gif Very nice action figures dolls!

• Original Poster
  • @A Nonny Moose:  At the risk of making Chp pee himself laughing, I will say that the others are, in all seriousness, action figures.  3.gif  Well, except Fayt.  He's a statue, since he has zero moving parts.

Another picture!  9.gif

rhdeskperch.jpg

ISF

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Neat.  As a new Canadian, you should probably get him some hockey gear.  Any particular team?

quote>

Ha!  3.gif  

I don't think so.  First of all, I really can't stand major league hockey at all.  

But...  I do enjoy going to a minor league hockey game once in awhile.  Hockey is one of those sports I can only enjoy seeing in person with a good, close view, like you can get at a minor league game.  (Most sports, honestly, are like that for me.)  So, yeah...  I know next to nothing about major league hockey.  If someone put a gun to my head and told me to pick a hockey jersey for him, I'd go with the Toronto Marlies.  1.gif

ISF

I'm sitting here reading this thread with a Detroit Red Wings (NHL) jersey on. It's alright that you don't know anything about hockey though. I do think that your doll has much better fashion sense than I do. I think I had a student who looked just like him last time I was in Japan.

Oh, I don't have a problem with action figures. I just laugh when people call dolls action figures. 3.gif

(What do you mean, I used to play with dolls? G.I. Joes are action figures!!!)

(The hypocracy is outstanding...)

Anyways, get him a Blackhawks jersey! Or if you want minor league, get him a Wolves jersey! Cuz  y'know, Chicago's awesome. 3.gif

• Original Poster
  • One more outfit to go!  (And by that, I mean "one more outfit after this one."  1.gif)

Yes, badassery takes a lot of work...  It took forever to get him into this outfit, but yeah...  he's workin' the look!  9.gif

rhbadass.jpg

ISF

Originally posted by: Zelgadis

Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Neat.  As a new Canadian, you should probably get him some hockey gear.  Any particular team?

quote>

Ha!    

I don't think so.  First of all, I really can't stand major league hockey at all.  

But...  I do enjoy going to a minor league hockey game once in awhile.  Hockey is one of those sports I can only enjoy seeing in person with a good, close view, like you can get at a minor league game.  (Most sports, honestly, are like that for me.)  So, yeah...  I know next to nothing about major league hockey.  If someone put a gun to my head and told me to pick a hockey jersey for him, I'd go with the Toronto Marlies. 

ISF

quote>

When I lived in T.O. the Duke's (Marlies) played at Maple Leaf Gardens.  I used to go with a couple of friends to nearly every home game.  Junior hockey is where its at.  I've never been physically to an NHL game, nor do I want to attend one, ever.  Like you, I sort of abhor professional sports.

In my salad days, we used to go to the wrestling matches at MLG as well.  It was a cheap evening's entertainment, and not as stupid as it is now.  Those were the days of Whipper Billy Watson, Killer Kowalski, and Sweet Daddy Siki.  Fake, of course, and everyone knew it, but those guys could clean up the ring with the current crop.  And for real wrestling, Lou Thez would have mopped up all these guys.

Of course, you could always get him a team Canada sweater.  And a more grown up hair-do.

Originally posted by: Chptrk

Oh, I don't have a problem with action figures. I just laugh when people call dolls action figures.

(What do you mean, I used to play with dolls? G.I. Joes are action figures!!!)

(The hypocracy is outstanding...)quote>

You know, you bring up an interesting point. What constitutes a "doll" versus an "action figure" isn't very well defined.

It's tempting to say that boys' toys are action figures and girls' toys are dolls, but many such things these days aren't marketed at one gender over the other.

Probably the best defintion I can come up with is that it's a "doll" if it has fabric clothes (especially if they can be changed), and an "action figure" if the clothes are simply hard cast as part of the plastic body.

So, Rhoskel is definitely a doll, but, for instance, Sora standing on top of the speaker there (that is Sora, right?) is an action figure.

And I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously refer to a GI Joe as a "doll". That'd be the knd of thing the boys in the schoolyard would punch you in the face for.

I had a doll when I was a pre-schooler. Her name was Mandy and was given to me by the next door neighbours mother, because my next door neighbour who was a girl, and also my best friend at the time, never played with it.

Go figure that one.

I, on the other hand had many happy hours playing with Mandy, along with various teddies, etc. "Mothers and Fathers"... "Doctors and Nurses"...

Boys can't play with dolls?   Pfft.   Horse Hockey...   (OK so lets not start talking about sport again...  ewwww...  this is supposed to be a serious discussion on dolls and boys who play with them for goodness sake).  19.gif

Yes a little later I did have two Action Man (dolls / action figures whatever ya want to call them) and had many happy hours playing with them and inventing quite complex stories in my own head as to what they were doing... utilising a number of different outfits, which were all meticulously kept in their own sets in plastic bags.

...and yes for those familar with Myers Briggs... my middle two letters are NF... and one of the traits of NF children is 'hours of quiet imaginative play'.

As for Rhoskel... yeah he is a pretty cool looking guy. Can't wait to see his last outfit... oh and don't forget to show us his jammies.

When I was a little kid, someone gave me a book of paper dolls.  You know, the figures are punchouts from the convers, and the clothes are cut outs, with tabs to hold them on.  The gift was inadvertent, but I played with it anyway. 

In the war, toys were few and far between.  Of course I had a set of alphabet blocks that were hand me downs.  I wish I still had them because they would be worth a fortune.  I had the original box.

After the war, I had the usual set of boy toys: A big meccano set, cars, etc.

Anyone remember the song "Paper Doll"?

"I'm gonna buy a paper doll

"That I can call my own

"A doll that other fellas cannot steal ..."

• Original Poster
  • Well, I never figured myself to be a doll person, but...  well, goes to show ya never know.  2.gif

So, once again, here's more!

Here's two pics, one with flash:

rhbametro.jpg 

And one without:

rhbacomeinside.jpg 

Which one do you like best?

Okay, new outfit time!  9.gif

Gotta dance!

rhdance1.jpg 

rhdance2.jpg 

rhdance3.jpg 

That was fun!  Time to relax now.

rhrelax1.jpg 

rhrelax2.jpg 

ISF

I never had any of my own dolls, but I did willingly play dolls with my younger sister.

Although, it wasn't without rockyness. I did get it in my head once that one of her doll's hair was too long, and convinced her to let me cut it by telling her it would grow back. And I did destroy the nose of her stuffed dog, and when she asked what I was doing I told her it needed an operation. :evil: (an older brother being mean to his younger siblings... how strange!)

My curiosity made me click the link, and now, I'm so,...so,...very,...very,...confused.

Well... we have established that this is a thread about dolls. Not only that it is a thread about boys who play with dolls.

Yes it is true... some boys play with dolls.

So is that what is confusing you? 1.gif