Sign in to follow this  
LolloLallo

All disaster of SimCity 4?

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

How many disasters are in SimCity 4? What are the origines and the solutions?

I know only:

Fire disaster (Origine: god mode, game. Solution: firefighters)

Pipe disaster (Origine: the pipe explodes if you give few money. Solution: delete and replace a new pipe line)

And the god mode disasters.

Other disasters?  I want to know them all 

The only other one I can think of is the toxic spill, If you crash or derail a freight train you get a spill of toxic chemicals, I think there needs to be a tank car (white one in pic) for it to work.

sc4t.png

I just remembered another disaster, nuclear meltdown, it can be random or triggered by a fire or low funding and causes a fifteen to thirty (I think) tile explosion and contamination of those tiles that takes decades to clear.

Well theres the Meteor,i always liked that one18.gif .

Oh & don't forget about the Volcano.

Solution: a lot of rebuilding,possibly fire fighters to handle the fires.

Oh & re-terraforming the land.17.gif

• Original Poster
  • My question is: the polices car, in the disaster menu, can be used for a disaster?

On youtube i've saw a video of a nuclear power plant that have destroyed a city for an explosion. wow o.O

Originally posted by: BIWDC

Well theres the Meteor,i always liked that one18.gif .

Oh & don't forget about the Volcano.

Solution: a lot of rebuilding,possibly fire fighters to handle the fires.

Oh & re-terraforming the land.17.gif

quote>

Volcano and meteors aren't really disasters because they don't happen without triggering them, such as the earthquake.

Some years ago, I saw a CJ picture that showed a flooding of fields, as a matter of fact, it was the whole valley that had a couple of feet of water. Is that in the game or just made to look as? I wonder, does anyone know?

I can think of airplanes crashing as another disaster, really doesn't happen often though.

• Original Poster
  • In fact, when the missile part, has a wrong route, and rarely goes to the sky without doing damage.

I have tried to cut founds at schools, hospitals, but there wasn't a riot.

I've never actually been victim to a miss with the missiles like that.

I find it silly how you can accidentally crash into the skyscrapers of your city when you are in air missions without anything happening to the building or the aircraft. It's probably good that way, though, because otherwise it would be an M rated game. 3.gif

As far as I know all the default disasters and whatnot are outlined in the SimCity 4 Deluxe Prima Guide. It's an awesome piece of work that details EVERYTHING in the vanilla game, the people at Maxis were helping the Prima guys develop it! I am wondering if there are any disaster mods or new disasters, though.

Originally posted by: Blueball

Volcano and meteors aren't really disasters because they don't happen without triggering them, such as the earthquake.

quote>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i still consider them a disaster as they do destroy your cites,even if there not random.3.gif

there was this one thing with the police that you could do also, you could block traffic if there is a fire, or something going on in an area near a disaster..

i found it useless, but it added a touch of realism because as the disaster happened, it made people find another way to get tho their places.

you can also make the police go to specific areas (if you check the crime map, if an area says arson, you send them there before there is a fire and you wont have to send in firefighters. Also, for any crime, you mostly can send them there and that crime spot will usually go down in violence (red->yellow->virtually none)